Large Gunship: Colour scheme

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello again to all.

I have recently constructed the basic beginnings of a gunship-style aircraft.

I guess the finished product will become what you define as a 'rig' as the finished aircraft will have the following moving parts:

• The 4 engines will be able to rotate around where they join the fuselage
  • The turrets will be able to rotate as well
  • On each side, there will be a pair of sliding doors

However, I have had no ideas on how to colour the ship.

Thus I am asking for your opinions on the two main hues: the main colour and the highlights.

If you are unsure what I am talking about, have a look at this reference on another familiar gunship:

bFR7pFq.png

So, without further ado, here's the gunship in question:

LUbaOS1.png

This image shows how the sliding doors will function

xjxOq7r.png

And this one shows where the additional turrets will go when scaled down.

WPnnHzO.png

Now all I ask is for you to suggest a colour scheme, and perhaps some justification or guidance, in the comments below.

Many thanks,

Phoenix.

When will it be releaseD?

Hopefully by the end of this week, but I have work experience in Oxford University and a get-together next weekend so the release date will be subject to change. However I do have my laptop with me, so I should still be able to work on it.

Most probably will have base schematics up, followed by custom colours, then the fully completed gunship rig.

And as for red and black, I coincidentally just started that scheme yesterday- I will get pictures posted when I get Wi-Fi in Oxford.