How to Chroma key (Bluescreen) [Basic]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

This tutorial will be using the Vanilla Mine-imator for making a greenscreen effect. The process is very simple and usually takes a few minutes to do.

First, we'll start by opening Mine-imator:

Us6vFfI.png

Then, go and load an animation we want to Bluescreen.

GUoDbw7.png

Next, open the background tab and check "custom background".

bMrl1ae.png

Now, change the background's color to the color blue. It's best used as full blue instead of a lighter shade:

ss8e13x.png

Finally, check the Blue Box in the default terrain sheet. (Next to the oak sapling in the top-right corner.)

NzQGqj7.png

During this, I'd recommend adding any lighting to improve the smoothness to blue-screened objects, but that is optional.

Many programs out there support Blue-screen, also known as Chroma key. So if you have trouble finding it in your video editing software, try looking under that name instead.

Thanks for reading, and if this helped, please leave behind a rep_up.png .

I have lived my whole life and I have never used that feature. How did I not even see that!? Thanks for letting me know.

Firstly, I always use that :o when taking images.

This is a superb tutorial and helped me a bunch! I now need to try out some stuff in chroma key when I get the chance :)

You should really make more tutorials about and explaining Chroma Keying, It's more then just Greenscreen/Bluescreen (you get the idea) and stuff.

I studied chroma Keying for ages. (researched)

It's nice to see others are getting into it :D

I'm no professional on chroma key, because I never use it very often, but it can create some great effects if done right. (Such as adding more detail to a scene normally not possible)

I can create an advanced tutorial on it whenever I get the time, explaining possibilities, it's uses, and things like that.

I'm no professional on chroma key, because I never use it very often, but it can create some great effects if done right. (Such as adding more detail to a scene normally not possible)

I can create an advanced tutorial on it whenever I get the time, explaining possibilities, it's uses, and things like that.

You should do that, It can help people new to it to use it effectively.