How do I get in to Modelbench?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

So this might just be me being dog water with computers since I just got mine, but I want to use modelbench to do cool things in Mineimator.  So I downloaded Modelbench, and.. its just... there.. as a file.  Whenever I try to open it, it either re-opens my file explorer, or takes me to random things like Steve and Alex's skin, so can someone tell me how to access Modelbench? or just make a full on video tutorial? because I have no idea what I'm doing.

15 answers to this question

Lq5lnBP.png

1. First go to the folder where you downloaded the File!
    Select the File and press the small Arrow in the right upper corner of the Explorer

tsjhsQh.png

2. Now Open the "Compressed Folder Tools"

tWRDEYD.png

3. Now press the Extract all button to take the Zip File apart
    Note: Zip Files are Folder only closed up so that you can't access the files like you normally do. Like a Box that you send out for shipping, its got to be closed up properly!

FixEu1k.png

4. Now you'll get a Extract tool prompted and you just press "Extract"

7itG4Qg.png

5. And there you have it, a Folder that contains what you need! Just go deeper into the folder till you find a file named "Modelbench" with a blue icon and then just double click it!

8ZnEHG4.png
    5Ok4McL.png

If you have any more questions about your Computer you can always private message me, I know way to much about Windows 10 then that I would like to. I hope this helped and I am open to any feedback!

thank you dude, my screen was different from yours but I figured it out in the end with your help, now to watch 50 tutorials on how modeling works.  Hey, bonus question, for one of my pain characters I want to give him a slight DBS Broly appearance with the fur pelt around the waist, you can look him up for a reference, is there a way to give my character that? I'd prefer it in white btw, thanks for your help and extra thanks if the fur pelt thing is possible

Actually, wait. better question, do you know of any face rigs that work with the current mineimator update? I have been looking EVERYWHERE and none of them download right, I already know about using GIMP for the face rigs, I just need one that works, any suggestions?

Hmm... The Face rigs that you download have the same problem like that what just went off, you have to Extract them and then you can use them, though I could offer my face rig, it's also compressed into a zip file and is easy to work with!

Well, it's not that dope. It's a good start! And as everyone here, we all started just like you, not knowing nothing and now look at us, we praktickly know everything, except my English: it's horrible!

Though, you should get rid of the Watermark, just go to the donation page and and get your self the key!

Spoiler

You don't have to donate, you can just go past it and get it for free! Can't tell you more because I don't know If I am allowed to...

hey, it's been a minute, but I made another picture, I have discovered that I am doo-doo-cheeks at modeling, yet visual scenes might be my strong suit if my computer wasn't a potato.  ud6s5yo.png

Also side note, your English isn't that bad, it is a hard language so I understand the mistakes, seriously, there are too many variations of "their" we got their, there, they're, uh, America, just give us the one word please.  But to help, "praktickly" is spelt practically, just thought I'd show a professional my progress even though I may be wasting your time.  Stay awesome Fox Miner!

On 12/14/2021 at 6:31 AM, Mr__Eclipse said:

hey, it's been a minute, but I made another picture, I have discovered that I am doo-doo-cheeks at modeling, yet visual scenes might be my strong suit if my computer wasn't a potato.  ud6s5yo.png

Also side note, your English isn't that bad, it is a hard language so I understand the mistakes, seriously, there are too many variations of "their" we got their, there, they're, uh, America, just give us the one word please.  But to help, "praktickly" is spelt practically, just thought I'd show a professional my progress even though I may be wasting your time.  Stay awesome Fox Miner!

Wasting my time? Nah not really, and thanks for the "how it's spelled right"

Helped a bit, to be honest! And amazing how good you actually are at modeling, you remember me a bit of... Me...

Okay, never mind, keep up the good work and you'll be great!

Ok so I just have to ask because YouTube tutorials don't help with this. Krimson's (the red dude having a bad day in the picture) hair model is originally from TakeBlueYT but I colored it red because I have no idea how to do 3D hair models, mainly because I never used GIMP or Paint.net, and Modelbench is agonizing with all the tutorials being outdated. don't suppose you have any tips, tutorials? (or just free hair models you aren't using ;) just kidding.)

Thank you for all the help you offered me so far, you sir are a freaking hero and I have no idea how to repay you because I'm a teenager without a wallet lol

On 12/17/2021 at 1:18 AM, Mr__Eclipse said:

Ok so I just have to ask because YouTube tutorials don't help with this. Krimson's (the red dude having a bad day in the picture) hair model is originally from TakeBlueYT but I colored it red because I have no idea how to do 3D hair models, mainly because I never used GIMP or Paint.net, and Modelbench is agonizing with all the tutorials being outdated. don't suppose you have any tips, tutorials? (or just free hair models you aren't using ;) just kidding.)

Thank you for all the help you offered me so far, you sir are a freaking hero and I have no idea how to repay you because I'm a teenager without a wallet lol

You don't have to repay, I do this because I love to help people!

And I have a tipp, "Baby steps"  what means, you got to go slowly on it, take your time and play with Modelbench, try the different tools out and try to find out what they are for, by doing this, you'll not only learn Modelbench bench, but also make your own way of using it which then makes you unique, I did the same, I never watched tutorials, I just went blind into it and in a month I knew more then a @SharpWind tutorial, but you got to understand that this does not come into you by one day, it takes time and you need to give yourself the time as well.

Good luck!

after days of mental war deciding to suffer with 3D hair or save that for later, I decided "no, I aint gonna deal with that" and made the next character, with normal Minecraft hair, a guitar, and a possibly ok hoodie design, I introduce you to Nova! (guitar rig by Sr. T. studios) I apologize for the demonic levels of clipping, guitars and blocky hands don't mix well, your welcome.vnodOAc.png

On 12/22/2021 at 7:23 AM, Mr__Eclipse said:

after days of mental war deciding to suffer with 3D hair or save that for later, I decided "no, I aint gonna deal with that" and made the next character, with normal Minecraft hair, a guitar, and a possibly ok hoodie design, I introduce you to Nova! (guitar rig by Sr. T. studios) I apologize for the demonic levels of clipping, guitars and blocky hands don't mix well, your welcome.vnodOAc.png

Very nice! But you should post that on the Wallpaper and art section, so that everyone can see your art and character.

Very Awesome how you get along with Mine-imator and Modelbench, sooner or later, you're going to be great at this, keep up the good work!

Now I made another one, I decided to add a more detailed background to it with the lighting and the moon chilling there, this character is Mr Eclipse, most likely gonna be my new character. and tell me, if I were to make a mini-animation to be more like a test, would you like to review it? I sort of view you as my mentor since you've been surprisingly kind and supportive even though I hardly know what I'm doing and your most likely a complete professional at this. also I hope you have a Merry Christmas.Vspo5fR.png