I've been going around the forums and browsing the chat lately and I've been seeing things like "don't swear" or "cursing isn't allowed on the forums."

So I went back to the forum rules and scoped it out and I know some of you have looked at the rules already but this is what I saw:

• Pointless swearing/overuse of CAPS

Pointless swearing or no swearing at all? Make up your mind The Glorious David so I can have a straight answer.

No disrespect. c:

And while we're on the subject, what's Pointless Swearing? Is it just swearing for no reason? I can understand that but people have a reason to curse at times and still get called on it, and I'm just over here like:

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

Edited by BlackCrept

pointless swearing?

so if i am like 

"i aint talkin about this motherf****** s*** anymore"

thats is pointless right?

but how does cursing even has a point? 

Yeah that is pointless swearing. Swearing can have a point like caps. Like just get warned that you are on the borders of trouble. I think David can explain better than me....

I think swearing is a privilege, not a right. That's why the words are simply censored instead of replaced. If people wanted less, then swearing would taint the forums out of the family friendly appeal. If people wanted more, then the forums would be centered around very young children. It's better the censorship stays the way it is than to change anything about it.

EDIT: I just thought of this now: This should just be a toggle-able thing for those who want it or those who don't want it. Seems fair to everyone.

Edited by TheKillerMan