Modelbench? Difference?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

So been doing research and just looking at things on the forums and just messing around in Mine-Imator. So what is the difference between using Modelbench and Mine-Imator for like making things. So for example say like I make a rig for a character in Mine-Imator which I've done before and need to do more and then do the same thing making a character rig in Modebench whats the difference? Also what all can Modelbench do in a generalized statement cause I know you like make stuff there but cant you just do the same in Mine-Imator? So whats the difference?

Thank you for your time 

2 answers to this question

Modelbench is created from the ground up for creating rigs and models, while Mine-imator just has some tools that help you accomplish similar results with more steps. Modelbench allows you to very easily use one image file for every texture on your model, while Mine-imator would require a separate texture for each cube. That is, if you're using cubes - the other option for Mine-imator is item sheets, which is all included on one image file but is restricted immensely with a lack of bending and a need for many different items just to make one cube. All of this is streamlined in Modelbench, along with many more options at your disposal. Another example would be the option to add and remove specific bending axes, where in Mine-imator you'd just have to create and retexture an arm, a leg, or a torso to get those options.

In short, Modelbench is much easier to use and provides more functionality when it comes to modelling, and while Mine-imator technically has the tools to make models they're far more annoying to use, require a certain knowledge of the workarounds, since they're not made for advanced modelling, and don't provide nearly as many options. Modelbench is for making models, and Mine-imator is for animating them.

I would say that if you already have a rig in Mine-imator and you need to update it, continue using Mine-imator as it can't be transferred over to Modelbench. But you can also remake that character in Modelbench and it'd probably be faster to do and provide much more options down the line when you want to update it further. Hope I answered your question!

1 hour ago, Rollo said:

Modelbench is created from the ground up for creating rigs and models, while Mine-imator just has some tools that help you accomplish similar results with more steps. Modelbench allows you to very easily use one image file for every texture on your model, while Mine-imator would require a separate texture for each cube. That is, if you're using cubes - the other option for Mine-imator is item sheets, which is all included on one image file but is restricted immensely with a lack of bending and a need for many different items just to make one cube. All of this is streamlined in Modelbench, along with many more options at your disposal. Another example would be the option to add and remove specific bending axes, where in Mine-imator you'd just have to create and retexture an arm, a leg, or a torso to get those options.

In short, Modelbench is much easier to use and provides more functionality when it comes to modelling, and while Mine-imator technically has the tools to make models they're far more annoying to use, require a certain knowledge of the workarounds, since they're not made for advanced modelling, and don't provide nearly as many options. Modelbench is for making models, and Mine-imator is for animating them.

I would say that if you already have a rig in Mine-imator and you need to update it, continue using Mine-imator as it can't be transferred over to Modelbench. But you can also remake that character in Modelbench and it'd probably be faster to do and provide much more options down the line when you want to update it further. Hope I answered your question!

Yes you did thank you very much!