Town [Wallpaper]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

15 minutes ago, Proud_AnimatorZ said:

if you could maybe pm me and send me the download for the schematic that would be great looks like a nice map i could make a wallpaper and give it a try.

4 minutes ago, RainbFusion said:

i would also like the downloadarrow-10x10.png :D

The map isnt quite finished, but I might have it finished and up for download in either January or February 

As a builder to builder.

• The cobblestone is a bit overwhelming, try to use different types of rock my favorite is cobble, andisite, gravel, a bit of grass and stone buttons. It is always nice to implement some cobble stairs in the path if you don't want to change it.
  • The houses are good, but the house furthest away could have a bit more framework done to it.
  • There are alot of different plants in minecraft try using some flowers in the pots to add some more life to the town.
  • For the fountain furthest away you could make the frame around it something other than a square like cut the edges off or maybe make it a circle.
  • The roofs... On the bottoms of the stairs put more stairs to make it look smooth. Watch some Grian he has some awesome building tutorials also Louisdepoui has some great tutorials if you like the not so good known people on YouTube.
  • The bridge could be improved and maybe made of wood with spruce framework and some torches or glowstone on it.
  • There could be more greenery in the town.
  • The cobble walls could be a bit more round and they could be made of something that doesn't blend with the paths.
  • You could add some horse stalls or maybe those market cart thingys or a market wagon idk something that will make the town look more alive.

Welp that's what i found in the picture that bugged me. Fix these and the town will look much better.

41 minutes ago, NotAn... said:

As a builder to builder.

• The cobblestone is a bit overwhelming, try to use different types of rock my favorite is cobble, andisite, gravel, a bit of grass and stone buttons. It is always nice to implement some cobble stairs in the path if you don't want to change it.
  • The houses are good, but the house furthest away could have a bit more framework done to it.
  • There are alot of different plants in minecraft try using some flowers in the pots to add some more life to the town.
  • For the fountain furthest away you could make the frame around it something other than a square like cut the edges off or maybe make it a circle.
  • The roofs... On the bottoms of the stairs put more stairs to make it look smooth. Watch some Grian he has some awesome building tutorials also Louisdepoui has some great tutorials if you like the not so good known people on YouTube.
  • The bridge could be improved and maybe made of wood with spruce framework and some torches or glowstone on it.
  • There could be more greenery in the town.
  • The cobble walls could be a bit more round and they could be made of something that doesn't blend with the paths.
  • You could add some horse stalls or maybe those market cart thingys or a market wagon idk something that will make the town look more alive.

Welp that's what i found in the picture that bugged me. Fix these and the town will look much better.

Yeah, I've been working on making it less cobblestone-y, but I'm not really a fan of andesite, and at the same time I didn't want to switch it to having too much greenery.
I actually used to watch Grian fairly often, and agree he does have some great videos.
Over all, all of this is great advice that I'll keep in mind, thanks. ^~^