Help, please tell me what should i do..

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I was working on my Once upon an apple | Episode 2 when my laptop broke. Luckily I have saved some of the remains but I lost most of it.

Moving on, I was actually thinking on what should I do about my animation in progress. As you can see, it is just nodding as talking and I'm thinking of using subtitles to it. But on my perspective, i don't like it coz the viewer won't enjoy the animation with just nodding and reading. I've tried using my voice for the girl but my English is an Asian accent (I'm a Filipino) I don't think it works perfectly (I mostly got tongue tied). I tried using voice changer for the boy but it only got worse.

So, as both animators i'm asking you. Is it fine without voices? or will someone tell me where can i borrow their voice just for the fun of my animation? Anyone will do as long as they have clear voice or somewhat good at English. (i don't have many friends so I can't ask anyone right now)

The video is here: https://youtu.be/69WGVdJSf6E

If you are wondering why it has no facial rig. It is because I'm still learning how to use it. Like the ABC's

Ahh I'm Filipino too don't worry :)

1. the link says that it's a private video so I can't view it

2. Voice changers are not really that good

3. Hopefully someone will voice act for you...(me?)

4. Is there a boy part and a girl part?

5. If you really want the animation to have no voices, I'd also recommend making some hand movements while you're at it. (You can copy and paste keyframes so you don't have to do the same thing over and over again

Edited by Cat Optimist

46 minutes ago, Cat Optimist said:

the link says that it's a private video so I can't view it

To be honest with you, I like it without voices! Its a really good animation!  But if you really want to use voices, i'm sure there are people willing to do some voice acting for you. :thumbsup:

Edited by LathanKun

1 hour ago, Yenachi said:

I was working on my Once upon an apple | Episode 2 when my laptop broke. Luckily I have saved some of the remains but I lost most of it.

Moving on, I was actually thinking on what should I do about my animation in progress. As you can see, it is just nodding as talking and I'm thinking of using subtitles to it. But on my perspective, i don't like it coz the viewer won't enjoy the animation with just nodding and reading. I've tried using my voice for the girl but my English is an Asian accent (I'm a Filipino) I don't think it works perfectly (I mostly got tongue tied). I tried using voice changer for the boy but it only got worse.

So, as both animators i'm asking you. Is it fine without voices? or will someone tell me where can i borrow their voice just for the fun of my animation? Anyone will do as long as they have clear voice or somewhat good at English. (i don't have many friends so I can't ask anyone right now)

The video is here: https://youtu.be/69WGVdJSf6E

If you are wondering why it has no facial rig. It is because I'm still learning how to use it. Like the ABC's

Your video is so adorable! :D Especially for a newbie, this animation is good progress for you. :3 Keep on going!

16 hours ago, LathanKun said:

To be honest with you, I like it without voices! Its a really good animation!  But if you really want to use voices, i'm sure there are people willing to do some voice acting for you. :thumbsup:

Thank you! :D I really thought of not doing some voices so that other countries can imagine the atmosphere between the animations through gestures. But when i did the 2nd episode I really think that it will need voices because as a beginner I can't be sure of making it the same as people think. the consequences is that they might misunderstand some of the gestures and might not understand the story. But I'm trying to make it all action than talking in the near future. 

15 hours ago, lou3d said:

Your video is so adorable! :D Especially for a newbie, this animation is good progress for you. :3 Keep on going!

Your comment is very thoughful. thank you! :D It's all thanks to most animators who do tutorials that  guide us newbies to create better animations. :) 

16 hours ago, Cat Optimist said:

Ahh I'm Filipino too don't worry :)

1. the link says that it's a private video so I can't view it

2. Voice changers are not really that good

3. Hopefully someone will voice act for you...(me?)

4. Is there a boy part and a girl part?

5. If you really want the animation to have no voices, I'd also recommend making some hand movements while you're at it. (You can copy and paste keyframes so you don't have to do the same thing over and over again

My answers

1. I did private it so that it won't spoil most of my subscribers, I was thinking of a surprise for them. But this case is inevitable and i can't handle it alone. I'll public it for now.

2. Yeah. when i use the voice changer it kinda muffled my voice. I know how it works, it just slow the original sound at the same time i can't hear it clearly anymore.

3. If you are interested, can i ask for your help? in what social media can i contact you? 

4. It is both girl and a boy. I think i can manage the girl but the boy is kinda what i need.

5. Sometimes i can't do hand movements especially when they already have something on their hands.

16 hours ago, Ninja Dino said:

Voice in animations are always fun, but not required to make a good animation. Im pretty sure there are some voice acting websites you can request help for on, or maybe just make a forum post on it? Anyways, good luck on your series. It looks really neat so far.

I'll keep that in mind.

If you have anything in mind, I'm glad to hear it. do you have any known websites?

I'll try. thank you :)

Thank you very much, I appreciate your comment. :D