Mine-imator VS Sfm Problem

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

is just me or the mine-imator is laggy than Sfm? (Source Filmmaker)

-when i make a animation with Mine-imator, IT'S SOO LAGGY!

-SFM: laggy? nope. (No laggy with maps loaded, models, particles...)

hell...

(No offense but this is the true history of my life.)

1 hour ago, KicksBrickster said:

MI is limited in how much memory it can use, and how it uses it's memory. I think the new versions are an improvement, though (4 gigs v. 2 gigs).

i just think this is strange...you know? 

MI-added 20 blocks = much laggy than internet explorer of 1999

SFM- loaded a map, loaded a particle, loaded a model, loaded props of an map, created a animation with all things that i just put here.  =  nope, not even 1% of laggy. bye

srry :\

Just now, ViniciusbrMaster said:

i just think this is strange...you know? 

SFM- loaded a map, loaded a particle, loaded a model, loaded props of an map, created a animation with all things that i just put here.  =  nope, not even 1% of laggy. bye

srry :\

That's cos SFM is designed as an animation program, with rendering in mind. MI was made in Gamemaker, which was not made for complex programs like MI, but rather simplistic games.

30 minutes ago, ViniciusbrMaster said:

As kicks said, it's made with gamemaker, designed for minor 2d game creating. Although has 3d capabilities, it's certainly isn't optimized for it.

Not to mention, your experience with MI also depends on your computer. I can load entire worlds and have 400 characters all being animated without an issue.
So computer specs do matter.