Mine-Imator Bugs: Unnofficial Guide to Posting

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Ever since David added in the crash logs, many people have simply posted said crash log, with little to no information about what they were doing at the time of said crash. It is becoming a problem, so here is a quick unofficial guide to help you post crash reports that people will find more useful. 

Step 1: Check if anyone has already posted your bug

Posting the same bug over and over doesn't help, and makes the reports disorganized. Check beforehand to see if anyone has already posted your bug. If it's the same, leave a comment on that topic saying you have had the same issue, rather than post it again.

Step 2: The title

Use the title to create a brief description of the problem. This allows David to have an idea of what the problem is going in, and also allows people to check if their bug has been reported already.

For Example:

'Crash upon loading a specific rig'

Instead of:

'MI crashed!!!!!'

Step 3: A short description

When posting these reports a short description of what version you are using, what OS you have, and what you were doing, will help David to understand what was happening at the time.

For example:

'I am using MI 1.0.3 with Windows 10. Whenever I load a specific rig, the program crashes. However, all other rigs work perfectly, including ones I used to create this bugged one,'

Instead of:

'It crashed. Pls fix,'

Step 4: The crash log (in a spoiler)

Adding the crash log in a spoiler helps keep your post organized, and keeps viewers from seeing a massive wall of text. 

Please try to stick with this guide, to help the issues and bugs in this section stay relatively organized.

Thank you.

Edited by KicksBrickster