Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

There is a BUG when texture filtering function applied to large scenery.

I found this issue since texture filtering was added to Mine-Imator 1.0.2, but texture filtering is not working well, even 1.0.4 . I'm forwarding this issue. Once solved, Mine-Imator will be really cool in Minecraft animation software. David, please fix this issue. I know it won't be easy...

And until now, version 1.0.6. this bug is still existed. 

Here is the picture which is NOT ENABLED texture filtering, may looks ugly, but correctly rendered.

393294952.png

and this, ENABLED texture filtering, looks nice... but, wait, the ground far from the camera became transparent!  This should not happend.

1046858687.png

This issue is critical when someone using texture filtering with a large scenery.

So, David, please fix this problem, and we will be happy with nice pictures or movies with texture filtering enabled. Thank you.

Maybe it is the time I should notice David to fix this... @David

Edited by SuperMarioSF
Foward issue to Mine-Imator 1.0.6

To add: This appears to happen to schematics with a large area. I'll be using a massive castle to demonstrate how it happens.

[Inside]

On:

48e398df10.jpg

Off:

91e940ec0c.jpg

[Gladiator Arena]

On:

2407784bc4.jpg

(Notice the area of the floor near the back)

Off:

08a2172810.jpg

[Full]

On:

a0dbd8c6ba.jpg

Off:

05978a70d6.jpg

I have not a clue why it happens with Texture Filtering, but it's rather bothersome.

15 hours ago, ÜberKiller said:

I have not a clue why it happens with Texture Filtering, but it's rather bothersome.

Yup. Texture filtering looks very nice with large schematics (or this function is designed for this situation at the start), but this transparent issue really destroyed the picture which do supposed to be really awesome.

I tried to change my display card 3D settings but nothing happens. Maybe there are something wrong in code or in GameMaker.

By the way, there are memory limits in 32-bit application. I often got out of memory error while loading large schematics. But I think David did his best to decrease the memory usage, and take a large schematic apart to many smaller schematics and load them into Mine-Imator is possible, so there is no more problems. (But if there are 64-bit version available, I will choose 64-bit version for large schematics.)

I had to say, new 1.0.4 64-Bit edition is not really working well. It still crash while I tried to load a schematic that may be huge but not extremely huge.

So I did not using that 64-Bit version, and texture filtering is not working well for now.