Some new linear walk cycle im testing out

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I've been animating and refining this alone for 2 hours and I think the result came out looking fine. What do you think?

I was partly messing around with the lighting here too

I gotta admit. The arms aren't what I wanted but I couldn't find a better way to make them move naturally

Its okay, Though every right step looks slidey and the knees don't go up at all, the legs just bend. It looks decently cinematic though, you couldve tried a dark exposure with maybe a cinema scope though. and some actual rain particals too would be noice,

nvm there is rain its just not as much as the sound of the rain suggests.

Edited by Cryotivity

Its okay, Though every right step looks slidey and the knees don't go up at all, the legs just bend. It looks decently cinematic though, you couldve tried a dark exposure with maybe a cinema scope though. and some actual rain particals too would be noice,

nvm there is rain its just not as much as the sound of the rain suggests.

*counter-attacks*

Its not the right steps that looks slidey its just when moving the human in a singular direction and I am taking into consideration where each foot was last placed so it doesn't seem more slidey than it already kinda looks. it looks like that from the left side too by the way. the knees do actually go upwards but is very subtle and since the cycle for the legs was literally 3 frames apart from each other. it just felt un-natural to me.

If its decent I can work with that and improve on it because there was really only 2 lights but since mine-imator doesn't currently support lights that don't make shadows like Source Filmmaker does. I have to rely on placements and fades. I just felt like putting in the cinemascope would be overdoing it

Well the preset rain particle that was in the particles folder seemed like it had a lot more,but that was just the white outline and I didn't notice it till after I rendered it

Thanks for the feedback by the way! xD Hopefully more people give me some more feedback like yours

*counter-attacks*

Its not the right steps that looks slidey its just when moving the human in a singular direction and I am taking into consideration where each foot was last placed so it doesn't seem more slidey than it already kinda looks. it looks like that from the left side too by the way. the knees do actually go upwards but is very subtle and since the cycle for the legs was literally 3 frames apart from each other. it just felt un-natural to me.

If its decent I can work with that and improve on it because there was really only 2 lights but since mine-imator doesn't currently support lights that don't make shadows like Source Filmmaker does. I have to rely on placements and fades. I just felt like putting in the cinemascope would be overdoing it

Well the preset rain particle that was in the particles folder seemed like it had a lot more,but that was just the white outline and I didn't notice it till after I rendered it

Thanks for the feedback by the way! xD Hopefully more people give me some more feedback like yours

Its pretty rare to get good feedback on the forums so I try my best, If I labeled my projects properly I'd probably be able to give you a download link to a walk cycle unfortunately most of my projects have names like "151513dgsdgs" and my favorite "hnnnnnnnggggggggggg"

Also there's always room for cinema-scopes :D

It looks cinematic, however, the walk cycle is a little bit robotic, and like Cryo said, the rain needs tweaking. Try using the realistic scenery pack, here. :)http://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/31677-realistic-scenery-rig-pack-13/

dat rain looks noice. I've been looking for something like this

Edited by SDWAN