I Need Help with Codecs.

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Guys, I'm making a SWEET video (trust me) and I tried using the default method of Exporting the Movie. It was over 2 minutes long (I'm using 1.0.0. by the way) and it glitched a bit. People on the forums say to use Lagarith Lossless Codec, so I installed it.

THIS IS MY ONLY QUESTION: What do I do after I install it? I'm looking at my kewl animation, pressing Export, selecting  "Save (advanced)", opening a blank file in my Mine-imator Folder... AND WHAT DO I SELECT? The codec appears no where. If I look at my programs on my computer, I can see it. I have no option but to Uninstall it (It's labeled Lagarith Lossless Codec 1.3.27). So... yeah... what do I do? I want to use the codec to export my video... but I guess I can't find it. Any ideas? 

P.S. I followed the links you guys sent: Larigath Looseless codec, I downloaded the Lagarith Installer (v1.3.27), and I ran it. It completed doing it's thing. I open up the Export box and I'm helpless. What am I missing? How do I have THIS thing... DO what it's meant to do!?

3 answers to this question

So... you download it... Then what? Should I let it disable everything it wants? Where do I go after I try to export my video? I need a guide here...   :(

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/142731

What do you mean 'disable everything it wants?

AFAIK, installing a codec is just as easy as;

1. Running the file
  2. Auto-Adds to system
  3. Restart/Open MM
  4. Render
  5. Save(Advanced)
  6. Write file name in new opened window and save
  7. New Window Opens to choose codec
  8. Configure to your will and accept
  9. Wait until it renders
  10. Profit$$$