Smash Bros Explained

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Oy5JPkP.png

So I see you suck at Smash Bros... and so do I. The only difference is that I know how it works. I'll teach you the basics of Smash and the controls!

1. Holds

qoWgsR1.png

Grab your opponent when his percentage is high and send him flying! (Although this is a good way to get them off screen, it isn't the best way to get their percentage up.

2.Special attacks

kb1R487.png

Pressing the B button, or B and any direction on the circle pad. Apparently, my character shoots potatoes. Odd...

3. Jumps

rT4JKBy.png

Press X, Y, or flicking the circle pad up to jump or twice to double jump. Pressing a or b while in the air will let you attack in the air!

4. Shield/Dodging

6UTJIuR.png

Press the R button to shield yourself. When you get attacked, your shield shrinks! Also, walking left and right will make you dodge in that direction. Try grabbing your enemies after dodging!

5. Custom Characters

wHDmkMJ.png

You can customize stats with badges you find from playing online. You can also turn miis into mii fighters! You can select their special moves, costumes, and most importantly, HATS.

3. Online play

There are 2 types of online play: For Glory and For Fun.

In For Glory mode, the results of your fight is recorded. Only Final Destination versions of maps can be selected, because walls are op!

In for Fun mode, stats are not recorded. In this mode, a random map is selected, but you can only play maps you or your enemies have unlocked.

The ranking system, Global Smash Power, shows how many people you are better than.