New features ideas : Dust particles and Light Glare

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Ok guys, I have 2 ideas for new features in Mine-Imator that I suppose are very difficult to make :

- The first is dust particles : They could be really useful for awesome effects like landing from a very high jump, explosions, wind, for powder that falls, and even for sun rays to shine on dust. I've seen this in other animations with other programs and it is really neat and as a faithfull Mine-Imator user, I would really like this program to prosper.

- The second idea is Light Glare from the sun : This is quite difficult to explain but it consists in having smooth lighting on the ground but very luminous when looking at the sun.

The best way to show you what I mean is by watching this animation from Slamacow :

Look at how the light is beautiful and how the dust effects are very awesome.

Tell me what you all think.

Thank you for reading this :)

1. With the upcoming particle system, you will be able to create some pretty neat effects, like smoke, blood, dust and explosions. They will of course be Minecraft styled, unlike the video.

2. Well, I want to keep things looking like Minecraft. The video you posted looks NOTHING like Minecraft. But perhaps I'll add an option similar to that if I upgrade to a better graphics engine someday.

1. With the upcoming particle system, you will be able to create some pretty neat effects, like smoke, blood, dust and explosions. They will of course be Minecraft styled, unlike the video.

2. Well, I want to keep things looking like Minecraft. The video you posted looks NOTHING like Minecraft. But perhaps I'll add an option similar to that if I upgrade to a better graphics engine someday.

Yes, I know. It was only to show the light glare, not the video itself (I agree, doesn't look like minecraft at all, only the blocks.). And I can't wait for particles, thx David. Please think about the light glare.