My Suggestion for Bones in Mine-imator!

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Make this a thing?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Make IK a thing in 1.0.0?

• YES! PLZ!
    • BOOOOO! NO!
    • What's IK?

Never made a suggestion before, and I know it's a little late since 1.0.0 is right around the corner, and this has probably already been suggested, but I would LOVE to see IK a feature in 1.0.0! I use it ALL the time in other softwares, and it would just make 1.0.0 a better software in general. So yeah, The Glorious David, if you see this and like the idea, I'd love to see it added! :D

Edited by VoxFrameAnimations

First of all: 1.0.0 is coming out within the next four days. It's almost certain that all of those days are going to be spent bugfixing. New features are almost impossible to get implemented within this period. For a 1.x.0 release, it may be added.

Secondly: there's no reason GameMaker would not support IK. What I don't get is why people act as if every feature is something prebuilt into GameMaker and Dave just has to work it in. GameMaker only has basic, generic tasks for drawing sprites, handling objects, and other simple things. Other features, you can simply code in. If you so wanted to, you could make a full simulation of the entire universe (provided you had an infinitely powerful computer and an infinite amount of time). Just about anything that you can do without requiring physical real-world modification can be done through the power of coding.

Third: IK is awesome. It would likely improve the quality of everyone's animations. However, it's probably a good idea to add an option to use FK instead for newer users. Even in places where there are no bends, IK would be cool. (i.e. a pig's legs).

Yeah, like I said, it probably won't get added to this update, and I am aware that David does ALOT of closing work on mime-imator. :P and knowing David, I'm sure he'd add a FK/IK tick box of some kind.

Yeah, like I said, it probably won't get added to this update, and I am aware that The Glorious David does ALOT of closing work on mime-imator. :P and knowing The Glorious David, I'm sure he'd add a FK/IK tick box of some kind.

Just because you can do anything with coding doesn't mean it's easy or fast. :)

IK is a process for bending bones. Right now, in mine-imatot, we have FK, where we need to manually bend characters' arms, and position them. In IK, there is a goal or field that you select, and move it around, where the arm will rotate and bend itself to follow the goal.

IK is a process for bending bones. Right now, in mine-imatot, we have FK, where we need to manually bend characters' arms, and position them. In IK, there is a goal or field that you select, and move it around, where the arm will rotate and bend itself to follow the goal.

Did you not make a previous topic regarding IK?

Id like it if mineimator is like sfm we could go in the game world then see it with the animation world

Been suggested before, and almost certainly won't happen.