Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

4 answers to this question

Topic moved, please read the 'Read this before posting' topics pinned in nearly every section to know where to post things before you post them.

If you search on YouTube you will find many good tutorials and have a search via the Search bar on the forums for rigging tutorials or just 'rig tutorials' and you'll find some. For example:

RobloJamieson's 2 part tutorial:

Part 1

Part 2

**"Copy and paste very old posts of mine" skills, activate!**

First off, let's just say I'm not really good at explaining things. But, for the main purpose of helping someone, and due to I am a rigger, I'll give it a shot!

So, rigs...

First, we will need to dig in and find the definition of rig:

rig1
rig/

"An apparatus, device, or piece of equipment designed for a particular purpose."

I this case, this piece of equipment is what you make the rig to be. For example, Zeux's Steve rig.

Zeux made an intractable character rig with fully working facial expression. This is the equipment any animator could use to get facial expressions, along with the thousand countless other Steve rigs out there on this forum.

But, how did Zeux/TheCasmicStudios make his rig?

He made it out of blocks. Each block has a different texture, using the colour of the character's skin. He edits the texture to make some blocks to make  them have the correct colour scheme needed to make it be an essential block usable for character's parts. {Eyelids, eye sockets, pupils, etc...}

Then, he makes a skin of the character. He erases some parts of the skin using an image editor to make space for the character's facial parts.

Next, he opens up Mine-imator, imports a character with that skin, adds a block, uses the texture he previously created, parented the block to the character's head, re-sizes it and positions it to make it act like one of the parts of the face.

Then you can just repeat this with all of the other parts.

Okay, that's just a Steve rig, I got a bit off topic...  :| Okay, now to the making of rigs.

-------------------------------------------------------

Now... Let's go onto the creation. 

So, if you want a character rig, just check above, or look at the 2 videos Ayhay linked.

For our sake of making this quick, because I have wasted way to much time, our example is going to be a bow rig.

You are going to need to make an item sheet. {If you want custom textures.} Make the texture be usable for items. This is how you get the special "Shapes" in your add-ons.

So, go into Mine-imator, and add in a base item, in our case, the metal part. This is where all the main essentials are going to be attached to. Add the texture you previously just made.
PytFLJy.png

Secondly, add on the item add-ons, or the wooden part for our bow. This is where the bow string is going to be parented to. These items are needed to be parented to the base item.
vlt7yHy.png

Next, add on any add-ons to the add-ons, or our main part of the string. This is where the true bending of the string starts. These items are needed to be parented to the previous add-ons, or the wooden part.
P3hzJjN.png

Then, add on the next bending part of the string, or the add-ons' add-ons' add-ons. This is where you can make the bow string bend. These items are needed to be parented to the previous add-ons.

QshdhDj.png

After, add the arrow. This is, of course, the bow's ammunition. These items are needed to be parented to the base item.

cyTuYdS.png

Lastly, if you want to, you can add a character to hold the bow. The base item will need to be parented to one of the character's hands.

4Hpv2Wx.png

So, for rigging, this is basically what I do:

• Base item/block
  • Add-on items/blocks
  • Add-ons to the add-ons, add-ons to those add-ons, etc., etc...
  • Extra needs

Or, let's just say:

"A bunch of items attached to each other..."

If this didn't help, I warned you at the beginning. Eh.

Edited by MCWarrior