How to make a good Thread [Updated: 29.03.2014]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Today I'll show you how you can make a good looking thread in the "Mine-Imator creations" and "Mine-imator Resources"-Sections.

1. Short Tipps

• Use pictures, bold text, size of the text, colors and other editor features.
  • Try to do as few spelling and grammar mistakes as possible: While this is not allways possible because many of the forum members come from countrys you don't speak english       (me too), try to write your text as good as you can. Nut like dis säntance.
  • Structure your threads. Make sub headings and things, use spoilers for big things like pictures. People like it when your thread is easy to navigate trough.
  • Use a heading that says: What is your creation?, When Rigs: What is special about your Rig?, Why people should look at your thread.
  • Good: "Advanced Steve Rig: Fingers, better eyes, facial expressions Updated: 01.01.2014"
  • Bad: "Cool rig I made! download now!!!!!1111"

Why is this heading bad?

1. You don't know what this rig is

2. You don't know why you should even look at this rig, you could just use a different one

"Download now" does not belong in a heading and it makes you look like you just want downloads

2. A thread in the "Rig"-Section

Here I'll show you how to make a good looking thread in the "Rig"-Forum. So let's start:

Look at the Advanced Steve Rig from Zuexs or my Rig selection. (This does not mean that the others are bad, I just used these two.)

Why are these two good?

1. They have a good heading. If you read the heading, you know what this thread is about.

2. They use spoilers for the things that should not pop up when you open the tread. (Imagine my thread without the spoilers. It would confuse everyone. Just open them all and see what I mean.)

3. They have a picture at the top: This makes the thread looking professional and clean. Nobody likes plain text everywhere.

4. They have sub-headings: So these are very important for bigger threads. And normally you only get those in the Rig-Forum. Imagine Zuexs' Thread without the sub-headings(these Achievement-like things). It would be a pain to navigate through his thread.

5. They don't have tons of text. They use pictures. And pictures say more than 1000 words. (Seriously, you can't describe a rig just with words. Use pictures!)

6. They don't just have a plain link to mediafire. Here you can use pictures too. Look at the end of this thread, there I'll explain how to do this.

3. A animation thread

When making a thread about your animation, try to AVOID these things:

• A long text that you have to read to understand the animation. Make it short! The users want to see the animation and not a 2 pages long text.
  • Talking about how cool your animation is (Something like "This is my best animation so far. I think it looks cool." is ok), just try not to make the impression that you think your the best Animator EVAAAAAR.
  • Give your thread a heading that says what your animation is, if you do so, no people will come because they think your animation is different than it is or they will be disappointed.

A tip:

Give credit to everything you use from others, even if they say you don't need to. Because if you do, everyone will know you're a person who doesn't take things from others without giving credit to them.

4. A "Wallpaper-thread"

So you want to post the super-cool-mega-amazing™ wallpaper you made? Here are some tips for you!

• Your wallpaper is the important thing! People come because they want to see the wallpaper and not a long story. Put your wallpaper at the top or after a short sentence.

5. Tools to make your thread look professional

So you saw my picture heading or the achievement subheading from Zuexs and want to create your own? Here is how:

Achievements:

Just go to this site and choose your icon, title and text.

Minecraft-Style Logo:

This site is just amazing! You can choose different fonts, sizes, shadows, 3Dish looks, colors and more. Try it yourself.

Extra Informations

How to make pictures contain a link:

[url=<url of the download>][img=<url of your image>][/IMG][/URL] 

Replace <url of the download> with the download link of your creation and <url of your image> with the url of your image. You can host images here.

--This thread is still WIP--

Edited by myluki2000