How do you lipsync with Zeuxs' Advanced Steve Rig? [Zeuxs says he MAY do a tutorial]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

9 answers to this question

You don't want to lipsync it. It's totally a pain..

It's not like Blender or those other programs.. You'll have to resize soooooo much to do lipsync in Mine-Imator.. which isn't actually the real lipsync. David told me that there will be lipsync some day. :)

It's SUPER hard. What I'd do is take a recording of myself saying the words and try to copy it into Mine-imator.

Though I have a tip on how to avoid this.

Try making the character speak off camera. In other words, don't look at his/her front face while he/she is speaking. Just make the head nod up and down.

A good method I do is record in audacity, and have eyes on the timeline while they are pronouncing words. So if the character begins to say a word at 1 second, and it lasts for until 2.3 seconds, match that by paying attention to the timeline in Mine-imator.

But don't try this in a tempo of 20, for lord's sake never try that. The lipsync will be horrid.

Just remember that when you do this, things will get laggy when previewing. DO NOT SLOW IT DOWN TO MATCH. I made that mistake when previewing and my lipsync efforts failed.

However whenever we get a sound timeline in 1.0.0, we can lipsync without much difficulties. But for now, this is the only way.

Hmmm... I might make a tutorial on how to do this... maybe :P

I know how, and it's really simple.

Well you should know, it is your rig :P, and tutorial idea would be good

You will need to change the size of the mouth to match nearly what it would look like for a human to do it. If the character was making an 'oh' sound the mouth would be in a square shape. If they were saying making a 'm' noise, then the mouth would be wide horizontally, but shut or very thin vertically. And so on, so forth. But it would take a long time. I suggest you just have the mouth move up and down.