Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Bones (Armature)

What that is basically is a tool that helps you move characters into positions much easier, many limbs at once. Blender has this feature, Maya has this feature, flash, etc. Generally all the top notch programs have the bone feature. That's why they are top notch. And I think you guys are more then top notch. You guys are top ice cream.

I guess if you want to add this, you'll also need to add smooth arm bending and stuff too but bones will make that easier. (Even body bending!)

Still not convinced?

Lets look at it from an economical stand point.

You see, there are not that many programs with bone tools, but since it's so easy to use, people are always on the look out for them. You know, I almost used blander instead of mine-imator because of the bone tool. When you start announcing that a free kick-ass 3-d animator for a popular game, more people are going to notice it. And more people means more money. (Adfly).

And...

Well...

That's all I got. BUT TRUST ME THATS NOT ALL THE REASONS WHY YOU HEAR ME?!??!

derp.

Blender is Python scripted and Python made I believe, and MAYA was coded with IRIX and python script too.

But Mine-Imator is Coded in GML using the Gamemaker Engine.
It's not exactly a scripting language that should be used to make 'TOP NOTCH' animation programs, but david somehow pulled it off.

And also Mine-Imator has a bending feature, and will also have a more Improved bending in 0.7 full. As well as Bendable bodies too.

Blender uses weightpainting to assert bones into postion with Vertices.
Also blender and maya are MODELLING programs.

Specifically used and made to make models easily for games, blueprints etc.
(Maya was used more for architecture )

However, later down the track, they implemented animating and keyframes and then added in special effects such as composting and relaying. Which made them popular.

BUT Mine-Imator is just an Animating program though, however, david is also implementing a model creator aswell. So it will soon be able to start getting it's 'modelling' aspects.

Also, a quick reminder, Mine-Imator ISNT even version 1 yet.

lol.

Blender is Python scripted and Python made I believe, and MAYA was coded with IRIX and python script too.

But Mine-Imator is Coded in GML using the Gamemaker Engine.

It's not exactly a scripting language that should be used to make 'TOP NOTCH' animation programs, but The Glorious David somehow pulled it off.

And also Mine-Imator has a bending feature, and will also have a more Improved bending in 0.7 full. As well as Bendable bodies too.

Blender uses weightpainting to assert bones into postion with Vertices.

Also blender and maya are MODELLING programs.

Specifically used and made to make models easily for games, blueprints etc.

(Maya was used more for architecture )

However, later down the track, they implemented animating and keyframes and then added in special effects such as composting and relaying. Which made them popular.

BUT Mine-Imator is just an Animating program though, however, The Glorious David is also implementing a model creator aswell. So it will soon be able to start getting it's 'modelling' aspects.

Also, a quick reminder, Mine-Imator ISNT even version 1 yet.

lol.

I agree with him.

Also, why would mine-imator need bones? Like Emunator said, they already have a rotation system, they use weight paints from not assigned to fully assigned, using multiple different operations, such as adding, subtracting, mixing, etc.

Edited by AtomFracture28

I agree with him.

Also, why would mine-imator need bones? Like Emunator said, they already have a rotation system, they use weight paints from not assigned to fully assigned, using multiple different operations, such as adding, subtracting, mixing, etc.

Keep in mind this is a suggestion, and since we already got the rotation system finished, why not improve it? "Rotation System 2.0 - armature"

Keep in mind this is a suggestion, and since we already got the rotation system finished, why not improve it? "Rotation System 2.0 - armature"

That's not the point. The point is, you can't just parent a bone to a minecraft figure, and it'll work like you want it to. You have to modify the computer generated weight paints applied to the mesh, and you'll get a better result. For sharp bends, like BootstrapBuckaroo, you need either shapekeys and drivers, or a boolean modifier.

That's not the point. The point is, you can't just parent a bone to a minecraft figure, and it'll work like you want it to. You have to modify the computer generated weight paints applied to the mesh, and you'll get a better result. For sharp bends, like BootstrapBuckaroo, you need either shapekeys and drivers, or a boolean modifier.

How was I supposed to know all this about boolean modifiers and stuff? I have other things to be worried about. And let me say it again. It's a suggestion. Not all suggestions are plausible. It's what I want to see from the program not you.

How was I supposed to know all this about boolean modifiers and stuff? I have other things to be worried about. And let me say it again. It's a suggestion. Not all suggestions are plausible. It's what I want to see from the program not you.

He was just saying it isn't possible in Mine-Imator.

Mine-Imator DOES NOT have modelling aspects, Just about rigs are the only thing that even gets close to it.

Other then that, it's just an animating program.

He was just saying it isn't possible in Mine-Imator.

Mine-Imator DOES NOT have modelling aspects, Just about rigs are the only thing that even gets close to it.

Other then that, it's just an animating program.

aaawwww... would have been awesome though