More fluid block placing system

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Whenever I want to build something for my animations, the block placing system is so frustrating that I usually quit on the animation I was going to do. For those of you that are new to Mine-imator, how to build something is you click Add>Block and it gives you a menu that has options for the block. The frustrating part is if you want to make a backround, building, or other things, you have to keep duplicating the block you want the building to be made out of, and you have to slide it somewhere with your mouse. And if you make it to a 3x3 platform, your timeline takes up half the screen. The building system I am suggesting here is like 'Creative Mode' where the main concept is you can plop down blocks without having to click the duplicate button over and over again. This will make animations more stress free. I'm sorry if I sounded too angry. However, I just can't get over how much time it takes just to make a 3x3 platform and other simple things.

So people are suggesting I use schematics....... Is there a "castle" schematic? A "mountain" schematic? A "road" schematic? No? That's why I am suggesting this. I really don't wan't to have to go through a lot of work just to place 10 blocks. 

There are many castle schematics. On my hunt I imported half a dozen. There are many mountain schematics. You can just import a world and its mountain biomes. People have built cities, import a road. Really not that hard. Schematics/Scenery was made for that purpose.

Block importing was made to animate specific blocks. For example, if I want the window in a building to break. In Minecraft, I will leave a gap for the window, add glass blocks and when I need to animate the glass, I will.

Just build a castle in Minecraft, then use the world importer option in the 0.7 demo to place it into your animation.

Single blocks are usually used for characters to pick up, or create the effect of a wall/floor/ceiling breaking.

David has a point. But what if he want a castle that is fully breakable? Road that can be "bombed"? Mountain that can be "mined"?

I think this guy's problems are what I said .

In that case, when timelines aren't limited, how about a:

'Turn Schematic into seperate blocks'.

The new timelines would be kept in the 'schematic' so only when you open it? I can imagine that being quite silly with amount of useless blocks :\

Just build a castle in Minecraft, then use the world importer option in the 0.7 demo to place it into your animation.

Single blocks are usually used for characters to pick up, or create the effect of a wall/floor/ceiling breaking.

You can do that?I don't see a button that allows that. How do I do it?

Edited by TheCheifMaster