Mineimator doesn't render at exactly 30 fps

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

For some reason the clips im getting now aren't at 30fps, but 30,263 or 30,484, or some other extra small amount, this creates a problem when editing on a video editor. For instance, in Sony Vegas, the clip doesn't match within the frame snap thing, so it's not snappy, it's a mess when you put the clips together, since it overlaps a bit. I don't know when this started happening. My other clips are really 30 fps, so they match nicely within the frames so things don't overlap when you put the clips together.

Im using 2.0 pr4.

Edit: I have found this problem started with the 2.0 pre-releases, works fine on 1.2.9:

Edited by moniker

Any idea what's going on with this? i've also noticed it duplicates frames when I go frame by frame on Sony vegas, sometimes the same frame is rendered again next to it, I think it's when there is a lot of stuff going on at once (particles and so on). But the extra tiny amount of time on clips screwing up with Sony Vega's  snapping always happens now for some reason.  Any ideas what is going on? @david
I will post pics laters to see how the clips have this small extra time.

Edited by moniker

Upon further research the frames seem to be actually there since it looks smooth when I play it with a video player, but Mineimator uses some codec that messes up with Vegas, but like I said before this used to work fine before so not sure what's up.

Edited by moniker

Alright so after testing around i've found this problem started with the 2.0 pre-releases. What happens is, the render is not exporting at exactly at 30, but at 30,something, some random extra amount. I've compared here 2 empty projects, one from pre-release 4 and another from 1.2.9:

129.png

pr4.png

This is a huge problem since it screws up with the whole project when you start working on a video editor. The extra amount of fps makes the clips unconsistent. The clips wouldn't properly snap, there are repeating frames. Im reporting this so the next version has it fixed @Nimi@david

Edited by moniker