Where does Mineimator 2.0 get the textures from?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I've noticed that if I delete the Mine_Imator folder from \AppData\Roaming Mineimator 2.0 does not generate a new one. Im puzzled since im wondering where it is then getting the textures from? I wanted to change the textures into something else but I cannot find where this version gets the stuff from.

I double checked and 1.2.9 does generate a new Mine_Imator folder but not 2.0. What is going on with this?

11 answers to this question

On 10/7/2022 at 6:31 PM, david said:

They revert after manually replacing the .pngs in the _tmp folder?
Can you provide step by step how to recreate it?

They revert but I don't know when. I don't know how to recreate this, since I just open Mineimator, after a day, 2, or so days, it eventually changes to default.

AppData\Local\Temp\Mine-imator_tmp\Minecraft_unzip\1.18\assets\minecraft\textures is where I place the textures

What i've noticed is there's 2 folders:

\AppData\Local\Temp\Mine-imator_tmp\Minecraft_unzip\1.18\assets

\AppData\Local\Temp\Mine-imator_tmp\unzip\assets\minecraft

Should I replace the textures on both? On the second folder the textures are from some texture pack that I use on the project, they are not the default ones.

It just keeps going back to normal when I replace them on "\AppData\Local\Temp\Mine-imator_tmp\Minecraft_unzip\1.18\assets" which I assume it's the place to put them  @david

Edited by moniker

First folder is for the default resource pack (labeled "Minecraft" under Resources) loaded during startup, the second is a temporary folder used when importing resource packs. Modifying the images in unzip won't affect anything. Modifying the images in Minecraft_unzip will take effect when restarting MI. The reason it's not intuitive is because this folder isn't meant to be accessed by users, really.

On 10/29/2022 at 11:26 AM, david said:

First folder is for the default resource pack (labeled "Minecraft" under Resources) loaded during startup, the second is a temporary folder used when importing resource packs. Modifying the images in unzip won't affect anything. Modifying the images in Minecraft_unzip will take effect when restarting MI. The reason it's not intuitive is because this folder isn't meant to be accessed by users, really.

I see, but the problem stands: when I replace Minecraft_unzip textures it goes back to normal at some point. Not sure if when I restart the computer or something else happens, but it goes back to default 1.18 ones.