Sprite Sheet as Texture for Planes

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I haven't posted anything in the forums for months, this idea is mostly to animate sprites using planes shape. This feature is implemented for the "Items" that Mine-Imator uses:

LkIoGax.png

This feature is only available in Mine-Imator and not in Modelbench, what it does is animate the object so that it changes its texture according to the index (ID) of the spirtes sheet without having to load textures one by one. which facilitates animation by images.

The idea is quite simple, make planes of Mine-Imator have the characteristic of defining their sprite sheet, similar to how it is implemented in the particle editor with the operation of animating the texture as the "Items".

YCPPycg.png

pEiGN7k.png

Now you will wonder, why the plans must have this characteristic if this can be done only with "Items"?
the answer is simple, make this function be in Modelbench with the planes. so rigs can have custom and animated sprites across the timeline in a specific object.

VrusX5I.png

this will allow animating mouths, eyes, accessories, game sprites, among others, specifically for models with ".mimodel" format. an example would be the animations of the trailers of the versions of Minecraft.

Spoiler

a more concrete example would be the mouth of the villagers.