Why does mine-imator use almost no resources?

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I think you need to set it up using the gpu and cpu settings. Last time I rendered something I heard a helicopter take off from inside of my computer.

Try locating your settings, nvidia usually gives you lots of options to modify gpu usage. In my case, nvidia high performance gpu isn't set as the default graphic card anywhere and you have to set that up manually either by right clicking on mine-imator and pressing Run with graphics processor > [Your high performance GPU].

You can also set mine-imator as high priority, and if you own a laptop, plugin your charger and set your general processing setting up to turbo. There are a lot of little quirks with laptops so that they don't do as much sounds or to preserve battery, for example if you press on the battery icon you can see thar windows 10 by default reduces performance.

i'd hypothesize that your cpu and gpu are simply not needed simply because there are so few objects within your current animation, and the rendering speed is bottlenecked by the program itself. try rendering a more complex scene with multiple light sources and a few more objects.