So Specular Map.

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I have low expectations for this a thing, but would be cool to have the Specular Map feature inside MI.

In Simple terms: Specular Map is basically a texture that determines how bright/shiny the texture or surface needs to be. The higher the value of a pixel from black being the darkest and white being the brightest. The shinier surface will be. Technically you could in theory make Specular maps work in Mine-Imator  if you use the real time masking OR just edit it. But it would make the process a bit easier.  But i obviously have a feeling that this wont be a feature for a few thoughtful reasons: 

1. It will be way too complex for beginners to understand.

2. Probably lag the crap out of a project if you have alot of textures, especially if you have potato pc.

3. Probably the GameMakers limit will hammer the idea to the dumpster fire.

4. Because the new light overhaul is a thing for upcoming MI 1.3.0, probably it wont be necessary to implement it. 

So, what do you guys think? Is it good idea or stupid or not. Let me know in the comments.

Edited by Lock_downmc213

4 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

Nimi already has a full plate for 1.3. He won't make any major changes to the update, so if specular is not on his to-do list already, there's almost no chance it will be added. 

Yeah i agree. Theirs no point of this to be added.