Alone (VS. Insanity - Pt. 1)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Some Questions  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should the next one turn out WELL, or should it get DARKER

• This one is WAY too dark already. LESS DARK, PLEASE!
    • MORE DARKNESS! IT IS THE ONLY WAY! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!1!!1!111oneoneone11!!
  2. 2. Are my creations anything more than "OK" or "Not bad"?

• Yeah! They're good!
    • No, they are total crap. You should stop before someone assassinates you.

I know it's screwed up in a lot of ways. I know it's somewhat dark. I know it ends in a poorly-made cliffhanger. But at least it runs at 60 fps!

Please criticize, and also if you can tell me how to actually FIX my problems, it's even more appriciated.

P.S. I don't mean criticize my spelling.

jesus that's messed up

2 hours ago, Glitch Block Studios said:

Please criticize, and also if you can tell me how to actually FIX my problems, it's even more appriciated.

it'd be useful if you could tell us what your problems are so we know what to look for

with that being said, i do like what you did with the camera movement in the chest. it emphasizes the cramped, uncomfortable interior and effectively conveys the sensation of movement

i get what you're trying to do with the flashes of red and white, but your method of doing so (i assume changing the color of the camera) does feel out of place and detached from the animation. try using intense point lights or spot lights to make the sounds and visuals more integrated into the animation itself

i do like some of your movements that your character makes; they feel natural. it would be even better to remove the sudden stops your character makes and make each movement transition into the next one seamlessly. that comes with practice though

you might also be interested in learning how to use instant transitions for the camera, since a moving camera implies a more dynamic scene, which you do not really have since your animation does feel a bit mundane. more varied camera shots, in general, could improve your animation (use them wisely though since they could just as well ruin it.) the far shot from 0:28 to 0:35, in particular, should definitely be changed. you might be trying to convey that your character is lonely, but since they are investigating the chest it would be better if the camera zoomed in on the character looking at the chest and entering, perhaps with a puzzled/curious look

your static transition is a bit weird, since it reminds me of old-school televisions. a simple fade to black would suffice, and would convey the character being unaware of the insides of the chest but slowly gain his bearings as the camera fades from black. also, if you are going to do a static transition you should edit it in an external program, since i can still see the terrain behind the static

overall, there's definitely a lot to improve but your skills will improve in time

6 hours ago, SteampunkSkeleton said:

jesus that's messed up

it'd be useful if you could tell us what your problems are so we know what to look for

with that being said, i do like what you did with the camera movement in the chest. it emphasizes the cramped, uncomfortable interior and effectively conveys the sensation of movement

i get what you're trying to do with the flashes of red and white, but your method of doing so (i assume changing the color of the camera) does feel out of place and detached from the animation. try using intense point lights or spot lights to make the sounds and visuals more integrated into the animation itself

i do like some of your movements that your character makes; they feel natural. it would be even better to remove the sudden stops your character makes and make each movement transition into the next one seamlessly. that comes with practice though

you might also be interested in learning how to use instant transitions for the camera, since a moving camera implies a more dynamic scene, which you do not really have since your animation does feel a bit mundane. more varied camera shots, in general, could improve your animation (use them wisely though since they could just as well ruin it.) the far shot from 0:28 to 0:35, in particular, should definitely be changed. you might be trying to convey that your character is lonely, but since they are investigating the chest it would be better if the camera zoomed in on the character looking at the chest and entering, perhaps with a puzzled/curious look

your static transition is a bit weird, since it reminds me of old-school televisions. a simple fade to black would suffice, and would convey the character being unaware of the insides of the chest but slowly gain his bearings as the camera fades from black. also, if you are going to do a static transition you should edit it in an external program, since i can still see the terrain behind the static

overall, there's definitely a lot to improve but your skills will improve in time

Ok, thanks. When I make the next one I will definitely take this into consideration. I’m really trying to make it more fluid. Honestly, I actually zoomed out because it didn’t look very good up close.

Edited by Glitch Block Studios