walk cycle help

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Alright, guys. this is really embarrassing, but I NEED HELP

I am not a long time animator. I overcame many problems on animating, but I never got the walk cycle quite right. I have been using a slidy walk cycle for all those times, so I decided to remake it, following sharpwind's ancient tutorial.

It looked alright overall, I just need to incorperate some transitions, do the arms and body and change the tempo. But after replaying it over several times, it started looking unatural.

Plz tell me how to improve itwhat's wrong with it. also please don't react to this post, I'm aware how bad this is, I'm stilltrying to learn.

The cycle in question is the one on the far left, closest to the camera

Please ignore all the over stuff. they are edited skins and rigs and totally failed cycles

kmgFWYr.gif

2 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, OzFalcon said:

Hey man, don't stress too hard over this. It took me a long time to create my first good looking walk cycle, and I still need help to animate walking to this day. I personally found Skibbz' old walking tutorial to be the best for me so I'd suggest that you go watch his in case it helps you like it helped me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0iWu74XdXo

It's kinda hard to tell what exactly is wrong with it, because I think it'd be easier to grade if the whole steve was actually in motion and moving forwards with each step, but I'd say it doesn't look like the feet actually lift off the ground which gives it quite a sliding look and feel to it. As for transition wise, I'm just gonna tell you what Skibbz' tutorial tells you, and that you really only need to use linear when it comes to animating the legs part of a normal walk cycle, so don't worry too hard about that. Good luck, these things take time and practice!

Thanks man!