particles creating qusetion

munny
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hi i am not perfect at coding or creating particles but i just need to know if i can create particles with other program and import it to mineimator and if this possible what the name of the program to learn it i had see alout of particles creators programs but can't import it to mineimator because it export it as a codingfile.xml and can i use this coding files to make by them a mineimator particles

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, munny said:

Hi i am not perfect at coding or creating particles but i just need to know if i can create particles with other program and import it to mineimator and if this possible what the name of the program to learn it i had see alout of particles creators programs but can't import it to mineimator because it export it as a codingfile.xml and can i use this coding files to make by them a mineimator particles

Any photo editing program will let you import a file and editing it.

The particles work like a sprite sheet, so all you need to do is export the particle sprite sheet, edit it in something like photoshop or Pixlr to the sprite map you want and use that sprite sheet as the particle sheet.

3 hours ago, RandomPr0file said:

Any photo editing program will let you import a file and editing it.

The particles work like a sprite sheet, so all you need to do is export the particle sprite sheet, edit it in something like photoshop or Pixlr to the sprite map you want and use that sprite sheet as the particle sheet.

Sorry but i hadn't understand all what u say i know somethings from what u say but i hadn't understand how to do i have photoshop could u tell me some steps to learn me how to do thi

1 minute ago, munny said:

Sorry but i hadn't understand all what u say i know somethings from what u say but i hadn't understand how to do i have photoshop could u tell me some steps to learn me how to do thi

Oh boy...

So in Mine-Imator, particles work off of a sprite system with code to make them 1 pixel wide. A sprite is essentially an array of images that the computer uses at different frames. Think of Mario, each frame is a picture made out of pixels, in which the system reads in a left to right order. 

5bClsG6.gifg7ENYmc.jpg

For Minecraft and Mine-Imator, the situation is the same. The particles run off of this sprite sheet:

KRJz4ZH.pngWe can see this inside the program itself, as well:  H85IyYv.png Essentially what this is saying, is It starts at one frame, and continues till the last frame, creating a loop. You can modify the width of each frame, the speed of the sprite switch, and the texture. Why is the last one important? well...

In mine-imator, the particles run off of the default texture, but new ones can be imported. So, you rip the texture map from the game, (it's not that hard, but I can tell you if your confused). and take it into a photo editing program. This is where you edit the sprites you want, like this:

RJaQU2q.png(Black background and red selection are added so you can see what I edited)

So then, you import it to Mine-Imator and select the frames you want, tweak the speed, size, whatever you fancy.

O4yW532.png

Ta-da!

I hope this helped, because I spent a long time on this...

Ask me if you have any questions.

-RandomPr0file

42 minutes ago, RandomPr0file said:

Oh boy...

So in Mine-Imator, particles work off of a sprite system with code to make them 1 pixel wide. A sprite is essentially an array of images that the computer uses at different frames. Think of Mario, each frame is a picture made out of pixels, in which the system reads in a left to right order. 

5bClsG6.gifg7ENYmc.jpg

For Minecraft and Mine-Imator, the situation is the same. The particles run off of this sprite sheet:

KRJz4ZH.pngWe can see this inside the program itself, as well:  H85IyYv.png Essentially what this is saying, is It starts at one frame, and continues till the last frame, creating a loop. You can modify the width of each frame, the speed of the sprite switch, and the texture. Why is the last one important? well...

In mine-imator, the particles run off of the default texture, but new ones can be imported. So, you rip the texture map from the game, (it's not that hard, but I can tell you if your confused). and take it into a photo editing program. This is where you edit the sprites you want, like this:

RJaQU2q.png(Black background and red selection are added so you can see what I edited)

So then, you import it to Mine-Imator and select the frames you want, tweak the speed, size, whatever you fancy.

O4yW532.png

Ta-da!

I hope this helped, because I spent a long time on this...

Ask me if you have any questions.

-RandomPr0file

thank u alout man i won't forget your help to me for the third time and i am sorry for make u spend your time for teach me great thanks to u

Edited by munny