Where's the lock to parent button?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I'm trying to animate a spaceship doing a flyby, so I put some spheres on the engines with brightness all the way up to give off the effect of futuristic engines running. It works as an effect, but I can't find a way to get the spheres to move with the ship. I used mine-imator back in the day so I have some experience but I'm not familiar with the new UI. Help would be appreciated.

8 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, XxEmeraldSquidxX said:

Click on the spheres, on the right side you should see Hierarchy, there you should also see Parent: (Parent here). Just choose what you want the spheres to be parented to and that's it.

Just now, Spontaneous Explosions said:

you want to make some spheres children of the ship? so they will move with it?

I've already parented them to the ship, but they won't move with it.

3 minutes ago, XxEmeraldSquidxX said:

That's probably because their positions got changed. Click on them again after that, and you can then fix the positions.

That does it. I figured that they had moved, but I thought it was to the center of the ship.  Apparently they had actually effed off into space, lol. Thanks for the help!