Use Mine-imator for ingame models and Cubik?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hello Community, i have a urgent question where i can not find a  certain answer to.

I need a tool, that helps me create animations for pretty complex Models for ingame use. I saw the mod "betweenlands" and it seems like they used Mine-Imator to create their ingame animations(pretty sick ones). So my question is, can you import models from Cubik to Mine-imator? And can  you export finished Animations as Java-code to actually create ingame animations? I know that i propably still have to code most myself, i just need rotation and movement code from the animation.

Thank  you in advance

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Blue Chocolatebar said:

no, can you model a beer bottle in blender and then drink it irl?

Oh come on, you cant be freaking serious right now, can you? How can you compare exporting a 3d model to java code with exporting a 3d model to real life? There are even Blenderscripts that can export animations aslong as you follow the rules and limitations of minecraft, but they are outdated.. So what is so wrong in asking if a Tool created to make minecraft animations, can create a java file of said animation?

9 hours ago, Deathawaits said:

Oh come on, you cant be freaking serious right now, can you? How can you compare exporting a 3d model to java code with exporting a 3d model to real life? There are even Blenderscripts that can export animations aslong as you follow the rules and limitations of minecraft, but they are outdated.. So what is so wrong in asking if a Tool created to make minecraft animations, can create a java file of said animation?

Because that mineimator doesn't use 3d models?

4 hours ago, Deathawaits said:

Uhm.. yes it does or how else would you create a animated scene in 3d?

I cant find the specific post where @david (nice picture) said it used geometrical shapes (you know, because CUBES) and not 3d models,  it did then we would already have an importer and exporter, guess why we don't.