Mine-imator Mac Won't Open

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

7 answers to this question

There is no official Mineimator Mac version and therefore whatever unofficial version you are using isn't supported.
However, could you please do the following:

• Tell me where you're getting this version from.
  • What emulation app are you using to run the exe.
  • If you installed a fake direct X runtime for this to work. (Extremely hard to do, since Direct X is windows only and Mineimator needs it)

6 minutes ago, Keep on Chucking said:

BOI
 Mine imator does

4 minutes ago, Emunator said:

There is no official Mineimator Mac version and therefore whatever unofficial version you are using isn't supported.
However, could you please do the following:

• Tell me where you're getting this version from.
  • What emulation app are you using to run the exe.
  • If you installed a fake direct X runtime for this to work. (Extremely hard to do, since Direct X is windows only and Mineimator needs 

n't work on mac, you'll either have to get a windows pc or not get mine imator.

Okay, so I have WineBottler and I can get Windows version if needed :)

1 minute ago, ProspectGamer said:

Okay, so I have WineBottler and I can get Windows version if needed :)

I do not have a mac so I can only give help based on what other users have used and experienced.
Winebottler and Bootcamp are the only emulators so far that have worked with running Mineimator on a Mac.

How they managed to install it, I am not sure.
But they used a windows version of Mineimator and ran it on the Emulators. :thumbsup:
Do note, that even if you get it to run, it will be laggy, some functions may be missing/not working and will most likely encounter glitchs as Mineimator is not built to work on Mac.

1 minute ago, Emunator said:

I do not have a mac so I can only give help based on what other users have used and experienced.
Winebottler and Bootcamp are the only emulators so far that have worked with running Mineimator on a Mac.

How they managed to install it, I am not sure.
But they used a windows version of Mineimator and ran it on the Emulators. :thumbsup:
Do note, that even if you get it to run, it will be laggy, some functions may be missing/not working and will most likely encounter glitchs as Mineimator is not built to work on Mac.

Here's the link to the forum post: 

Unfortunately you're going to have to PM him and hope he replies, as I know nothing about his port.
Not to mention he hasnt been online for almost a year and the version he ported is extremely old.
You might have to look around to find your answers on how to run it on mac sorry.

1 minute ago, Emunator said:

Unfortunately you're going to have to PM him and hope he replies, as I know nothing about his port.
Not to mention he hasnt been online for almost a year and the version he ported is extremely old.
You might have to look around to find your answers on how to run it on mac sorry.

Okay, no problem. It sucks, I need some sort of Minecraft Animation Software.. working on a BIG project.

No need to reply. I'll figure this out by myself.