Parent Help

PastaWaffle
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I am "new" to Mine-imator and I want to make a fighting animation.  I know that parenting a sword to an arm makes it easier to move the sword and arm at once but when it comes time for my character to throw the sword it gets messed up because I don't know how un-parent in the frame,  It's hard to explain but can someone help me?  I need help making the item unparent but only after it was first parented.  So in the first 100 frames or so it's parented but after that it's not.  You know what I mean?? Please help.

1 answer to this question

If you promise never to experiment with the format of the text again, I'll let you in on our widely-known workaround for dealing with this very issue.  ;)

What you need to do is set up two swords: one that's Parented to the hand and another that isn't. You have to make the un-Parented sword Invisible until the moment the Parented sword is let go.

At this point, you would make the un-Parented sword Visible and make the Parented one Invisible, effectively swapping them out. The un-Parented sword will assume the last Position the Parented sword was in to such a degree that you won't be able to tell the difference between the two swords, and then you're free to move that one however you'd like.

I once had to duplicate an Object three times so it could be passed off of one hand to the other and stuck onto a window.  ^w^