New Intro [Should I release template?]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Should I release my template?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should I release my template?

• Yes
    • No

Hey guys, so the feedback I got from the other topic I followed to made this. I made a better walking cycle, (random movements for step) and key frame presets.
This is also gonna be my new intro for any videos I decide to upload.

Spoiler

Download link:
[soon]
[soon]

1 minute ago, Pharien said:

I wouldn't realease it if I were you. Big splashy 3D text type intros like that are getting terrible hate. I personally have nothing against it it's just that they are not well liked

I'd disable the likes and dislikes for that video, but I notice that when I see search result for Mine-imator intro templates, 6 likes to 8 dislikes, haters

On 6/27/2016 at 11:48 AM, CarlHeadCrashed said:

walk cycle should have been more realistic.

Well, in my oppinion, heres how it is from my pov. There are 2 types of animators:
1.) Cinematic - Realistic animations, many bones always moving, Disney like productions.

(Although I have only ever attempted this once and succeeded. I didnt really like it...)

2.) Linear - Simple, semi advanced animations, not to complicated, linear, basic bone movement.

(Much more comfortable, more simple, and can help with silly animations like mine...

Personally I stick to number 2, but at times when I want a certain scene to be cinematic, say an epic showdown, thats when I would put effort into the animations. ;)

1 hour ago, SPADE <3 said:

Well, in my oppinion, heres how it is from my pov. There are 2 types of animators:
1.) Cinematic - Realistic animations, many bones always moving, Disney like productions.

(Although I have only ever attempted this once and succeeded. I didnt really like it...)

2.) Linear - Simple, semi advanced animations, not to complicated, linear, basic bone movement.

(Much more comfortable, more simple, and can help with silly animations like mine...

Personally I stick to number 2, but at times when I want a certain scene to be cinematic, say an epic showdown, thats when I would put effort into the animations. ;)

ok...

a. "number 1" and "number 2" are "experienced animators" and "new animators".

b. can I see this "success" at realistic animation?

c. it's not about "comfortable and simple", it's about doing your very best. great things never come from comfort zones.

47 minutes ago, Astro Animations said:

ok...

a. "number 1" and "number 2" are "experienced animators" and "new animators".

b. can I see this "success" at realistic animation?

c. it's not about "comfortable and simple", it's about doing your very best. great things never come from comfort zones.

If I can find it I'll reupload it to yt, but why do you want to see it? o.O. And by comfort zone I mean, what your comfortable with, for example, I dont like animating realisticly of because how its hard to find a good tempo where the bone movements look smooth, rather than simply of animating linear movements. In a nutshell, im not good at it... So I try and animate smoothly... Thats the best I can say it in. Hope you understand. ;)

3 minutes ago, SPADE <3 said:

If I can find it I'll reupload it to yt, but why do you want to see it? o.O. And by comfort zone I mean, what your comfortable with, for example, I dont like animating realisticly of because how its hard to find a good tempo where the bone movements look smooth, rather than simply of animating linear movements. In a nutshell, im not good at it... So I try and animate smoothly... Thats the best I can say it in. Hope you understand. ;)

I want to see it because after seeing this intro template (which, don't get me wrong, is a lot better than a lot of people who've been animating for as long as you ;), just mean that it isn't the best), I'm not sure you're able to succeed yet in realistic.

and I know comfort zone means what you're comfortable with. I'm saying that's not what its about if you want to do something great. and if you're "in a nutshell... not good at it", then just keep practicing, because practice makes perfect.

although I'm getting on you like this, for how long you've been going (not long), this really is amazing!

1 hour ago, SPADE <3 said:

Animating is not suppose to be easy. It's suppose to challenge you and push you beyond limits you never thought you could reach.