Glowing eyes

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

21 answers to this question

Depends on the lighting situation. If it's in a dark lighting situation, then you can do it using some point lights and possibly some particles.
If it's in a bright lighting situation, (such as daylight) then you're going to need to use some external program to do it.

20 minutes ago, Shane said:

create 2 light points

parent them to the eyes

profit

31 minutes ago, ThatGuyBrian said:

Depends on the lighting situation. If it's in a dark lighting situation, then you can do it using some point lights and possibly some particles.
If it's in a bright lighting situation, (such as daylight) then you're going to need to use some external program to do it.

that's not what he means, he means like this https://www.google.com/search?q=herobrine+glow&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi7zdfi-67NAhUN_mMKHQnvD8sQ_AUICCgB&biw=1600&bih=775#tbm=isch&q=herobrine+glow+after+effects&imgrc=qkdsUzcaam6aYM%3A

and yes it is possible to do that in MI

Edited by Pharien

7 minutes ago, Pharien said:

I know what you're talking about, and adding spot lights are the only way to do that.

1 minute ago, ThatGuyBrian said:

I know what you're talking about, and adding spot lights are the only way to do that.

Spotlights don't give off that glow, glow, GLOW, GLOW, effect that he is talking about what you're talking about is give off light, he's saying glow

Edited by Pharien

Just now, Pharien said:

Spotlights don't give off that glow, glow, GLOW, GLOW, effect that he is talking about

Well, there are no other methods to give off that glow effect that he is talking about.
Either use Spotlights or use an external program.

1 minute ago, Mr. Cat said:

You can make it look like it glows, that's the only thing that matters.

Yeah, but then you get something that looks like this. http://prntscr.com/bhiebn
Something like that would have been fine back in the early 2000's, but it's 2016.

6 minutes ago, ThatGuyBrian said:

Yeah, but then you get something that looks like this. http://prntscr.com/bhiebn
Something like that would have been fine back in the early 2000's, but it's 2016.

well, I've tried it several times, and it works fine.

Also, tricks are neccesary in MI

Edited by Mr. Cat

1 minute ago, Mr. Cat said:

well, I've tried it several times, and it works fine.

I dunno, I just think using textures in place of proper glowing effects is just fugly.
It feels like trying to make a PS2 game look modern.

I know it looks dumb, I could've made this look exactly like the 'glow' effect in AE but you rushed me xD 

Just now, Pharien said:

I know it looks dumb, I could've made this look exactly like the 'glow' effect in AE but you rushed me xD 

though it does prove that it is possible, you just need to know how not to screw it up like I did xD