Copying blocks and items?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hello everyone! I have had this question for a long time. I posted a status update for this but no one answered so I decided to make a topic. So lately, I've been making rigs, and been having trouble. When I copy an item, in the library, it does the original size, color and texture. Not the same of the original object. I know that there are buttons like, "Copy position", "Copy Color" and "Copy size" I can do this, with every single block I make, but it requires tremendous amounts of work if I try to make repeating patterns, and end up giving up. So could someone tell me if there is a button I overlooked, or if there is no button like this.

4 answers to this question

Hey there!

There are two types of objects in Mine-imator, templates, which can be accessed from the library in your project properties, and instances, which can be accessed in your timeline. Each instance can have its own set of keyframes, which then determine the position, rotation, scale, color parameters, etc. of any object.

If you try duplicating something from the library, you'll create a new instance with an empty timeline, which means you will need to set all the keyframes by yourself.

If you'd like to duplicate an object along with its keyframes, simply select the desired instance on the timeline, and click the duplicate button (which looks like two superimposed blocks) in the timeline toolbar.

f2eb224bca.png

This will create a copy of your instance with the exact same keyframes as the instance it was created from.

I hope that helped!

1 minute ago, Voxy said:

Hey there!

There are two types of objects in Mine-imator, templates, which can be accessed from the library in your project properties, and instances, which can be accessed in your timeline. Each instance can have its own set of keyframes, which then determine the position, rotation, scale, color parameters, etc. of any object.

If you try duplicating something from the library, you'll create a new instance with an empty timeline, which means you will need to set all the keyframes by yourself.

If you'd like to duplicate an object along with its keyframes, simply select the desired instance on the timeline, and click the duplicate button (which looks like two superimposed blocks) in the timeline toolbar.

f2eb224bca.png

This will create a copy of your instance with the exact same keyframes as the instance it was created from.

I hope that helped!

never noticed the naming difference before :P

this used to drive me crazy back when i was using 0.7 xD

5 minutes ago, Voxy said:

Hey there!

f2eb224bca.png

I hope that helped!

Thanks! That helped!