Should Mine-imator be compatible with Mac?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Mine-Imator works with DLLs, which are only available for Windows. You could use Bootcamp or an emulator called Wine to run it, but it is fairly unstable. Also, what do you mean by "acting up"? Perhaps we could help you.

I honestly think David would be all for it.. if he could do it.

It's no easy task to port something that runs on dlls (gamemaker) to a mac device which doesn't even support dll files in the first place. Like the others said, using Wine or Bootcamp is your best (and only) option.

12 hours ago, Marty McFly said:

Mine-Imator works with DLLs, which are only available for Windows. You could use Bootcamp or an emulator called Wine to run it, but it is fairly unstable. Also, what do you mean by "acting up"? Perhaps we could help you.

Well, by acting up I mean its SUPER laggy. Mine-imator would crash on it anyway.

4 hours ago, ÜberKiller said:

I honestly think David would be all for it.. if he could do it.

It's no easy task to port something that runs on dlls (gamemaker) to a mac device which doesn't even support dll files in the first place. Like the others said, using Wine or Bootcamp is your best (and only) option.

I have gone that path already. I downloaded Wine and got the Mine-imator exe file and opened it. The complete setup wizard worked, but once I opened Mine-imator, some shaders failed to load or something like that. Then its asks me if I want DirectX, which is only for windows. In conclusion, I'm done with Wine and Bootcamp so hopefully Mine-imator will reach Mac someday.