Custom Rotation Points

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Its cool that you can change the rotation point on most objects, but how about adding more rotation points?

I'm trying to animate a fight sequence and I find that it would be much easier if I could rotate my guy at 2 or 3 different points. it would be a lot smoother  and easier. 

Or you could use folders and parenting each one to said character in some way to give it 3 rotation points.

Or you could set the whole character at 16 on the up axis and set the legs and body at -16 on the up axis as well. That should be enough.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2015‎ ‎2‎:‎35‎:‎26‎, OhItsYou said:

thats what rigs are for.

Cool! what rigs?

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2015‎ ‎2‎:‎40‎:‎55‎, Pokekights said:

Or you could use folders and parenting each one to said character in some way to give it 3 rotation points.

Or you could set the whole character at 16 on the up axis and set the legs and body at -16 on the up axis as well. That should be enough.

I used the folder thing... but that dosent work, as it gets all messed up after a few rotations...

but your other idea seems like It could work. I will give that a shot... thanks!

Edited by Deathwish4023
spell check

5 hours ago, Deathwish4023 said:

Cool! what rigs?

I used the folder thing... but that dosent work, as it gets all messed up after a few rotations...

but your other idea seems like It could work. I will give that a shot... thanks!

The changing the 0 into 16 was TheTanJames's idea.