Idea for Mine Imator

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I think that everyone on the forums can agree, that DBL was the best minecraft animation team ever, and that they got the old alpha textures to work. My suggestion is, that David give us an option, to switch between alpha textures, and current day textures. I know this can be done through texture packs, but i'm not talking about the textures, i'm talking about a custom biome, under the biome scene list, that has "Alpha" as a selectable biome type. in this biome, the color map would track to the alpha color map, and make leaves, and grass, colored like they were in the alpha days.

in other words, the option to change the MI color map, to have the alpha color map instead of the beta color map (as a biome type).

just a random suggestion I had, please don't hate.

1 minute ago, UltraGamerHD said:

I think that's a good idea but you know you can already change the textures, so It's like adding an option that has already been added.

You just have to download the texture pack. 

I know about the texture pack...

but I think an alpha color map would be better.

1 hour ago, MineshaftGT01 said:

I think that everyone on the forums can agree, that DBL was the best minecraft animation team ever, and that they got the old alpha textures to work. My suggestion is, that David give us an option, to switch between alpha textures, and current day textures. I know this can be done through texture packs, but i'm not talking about the textures, i'm talking about a custom biome, under the biome scene list, that has "Alpha" as a selectable biome type. in this biome, the color map would track to the alpha color map, and make leaves, and grass, colored like they were in the alpha days.

in other words, the option to change the MI color map, to have the alpha color map instead of the beta color map (as a biome type).

just a random suggestion I had, please don't hate.

Never heard of DBL.

The best animation team would be one that actually makes animations together. Never seen one do that.

Edited by AnimatorBlake
Because.

5 hours ago, yuricraft said:

What you do is you go to where your mi is stored :mine imator/other/textures and you either make the foliage and grass biome color white or remove those files, now you can either load nostalgia pack or replace textures on the blocks.png I've been doing this for quite a while now...

Also dbl shut down last month, it's unknown Wether they will continue or not.

... So we don't know if Find the Pieces will continue or what?  ;_;

7 hours ago, Emanatronic said:

... So we don't know if Find the Pieces will continue or what?  ;_;

there will be a final to the fallen kingdom series, and it looks like it has an epic storyline...

but there is a big, big BIG catch...

mama's boy is animating it...

*pitifully falls on knees, and screams NOOOOOOOOOO*

13 hours ago, yuricraft said:

What you do is you go to where your mi is stored :mine imator/other/textures and you either make the foliage and grass biome color white or remove those files, now you can either load nostalgia pack or replace textures on the blocks.png I've been doing this for quite a while now...

Also dbl shut down last month, it's unknown Wether they will continue or not.

thanks for the tip...

I looked, but couldn't find where MI was getting it's color map from, so that is really helpful.