Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

It would be nice if there was a schematic editor, like the ability to move/animate the individual blocks of a schematic. Right now anything that I want to move, I have to remove from the creation, and then add it later.

On a piston door for example, to be able to select the blocks of the door and animate them to open, instead of deleting the blocks from the schematic and adding them in.

19 minutes ago, 567legodude said:

Is that a part of mineimator? Where would it be?

He means open minecraft and create a map for your animation, you can import worlds through mine-imator with a simple world importer included with the program. If you want to edit the included schematics open mcedit and import them into your world and go into minecraft and then edit the map.

Animating is not meant to be easy, there are tools that make is simpler than it was before, but they don't want to make it too easy for you otherwise you create cheaply made animations with almost no effort or quality... wait a second

26 minutes ago, Devin Manning said:

He means open minecraft and create a map for your animation, you can import worlds through mine-imator with a simple world importer included with the program. If you want to edit the included schematics open mcedit and import them into your world and go into minecraft and then edit the map.

Animating is not meant to be easy, there are tools that make is simpler than it was before, but they don't want to make it too easy for you otherwise you create cheaply made animations with almost no effort or quality... wait a second

that :+1: and what your doing are the only ways of doing this currently.

Just now, Devin Manning said:

So did all of those Blender and C4D animators when having to do a lot more to export their worlds to be usable in Blender and C4D

This isn't blender though, we shouldn't limit ourselves just because someone else did. And I know how to code it would be less than 10 lines.

6 minutes ago, 567legodude said:

This isn't blender though, we shouldn't limit ourselves just because someone else did. And I know how to code it would be less than 10 lines.

Mine-Imator is simply made to easily open the door to allow you to learn how to animate with a simple but complex interface to allow you to understand how to use more complex animation software (using minecraft as the base)

Or at least that's how I look at the software

Edited by Devin Manning

1 minute ago, Devin Manning said:

Mine-Imator is simply made to easily open the door to allow you to learn how to animate with a simple but complex interface to allow you to understand how to use more complex animation software (using minecraft as the base)

Or at least that's how I look at the software

Is it gonna kill someone to simply loop through the schematic and make light where there is a torch?

At least in those other programs you could make a plugin/filter to do it for you.

14 minutes ago, Devin Manning said:

Hey I don't have a problem with it, and even though you got a plugin/filter it's like installing a mod to fix a game, it's not the game you downloaded/bought is it? It's an addition which makes a task easier

But you have to use a mod to fix what the original doesn't have. Or just add some things for fun.

@MineshaftGT01 What is the need for that? It probably won't be added.

Edited by 567legodude
Response