Fire breath?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hey guys, I need some help, is there a way to make a dragon breath fire in 1.0.0? I've thought about particles, but they just kinda float around, I can't get them to go in a cone shape. Could someone tell me how this can be accomplished? or if there's a rig for it?

7 answers to this question

Particles are tricky to maneuver but are not impossible to work with. Fiddle with the speed of the particles. Click the arrow and the drop down menu appears. This will allow you to manually adjust the speed of particles.

If you adjust the values accordingly to match what you want. The Z value raises or lowers the particles, X moves the particles left or right, and the Y value moves them forward or backwards.

First, you want to adjust the spawn rate. I'd say 3000 per minute is a good number to start with. But raise it if needed.

For fire breath, you'll want a cone. So turn on the random checkbox for X and Z. This will allow you to makes the particles move in a certain range between the two values. Having at the default values of -20 to 20 will work. But adjust them as well if you feel like it.

Next let's move the fire forward. Turn off the random checkbox for the Y value. Now just raise the value. 100 would work nicely.

It should probably look like fire. So let's have some fun with colors. Check the mix color checkbox under the color button. Now there will be two color buttons. The one above will be what the color starts as, and the one below will be what the color ends as. I'd say make the color Red to begin with, and then Orange at the end.

Lastly, edit the mix time value. 1.7 seconds seems to work alright for this.

The end product should look like this:

jWBvHCU.png

This should work pretty well for a basic particle. But you can always add more particles in the same particle system for some more interesting synergies.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Particles are tricky to maneuver but are not impossible to work with. Fiddle with the speed of the particles. Click the arrow and the drop down menu appears. This will allow you to manually adjust the speed of particles.

If you adjust the values accordingly to match what you want. The Z value raises or lowers the particles, X moves the particles left or right, and the Y value moves them forward or backwards.

First, you want to adjust the spawn rate. I'd say 3000 per minute is a good number to start with. But raise it if needed.

For fire breath, you'll want a cone. So turn on the random checkbox for X and Z. This will allow you to makes the particles move in a certain range between the two values. Having at the default values of -20 to 20 will work. But adjust them as well if you feel like it.

Next let's move the fire forward. Turn off the random checkbox for the Y value. Now just raise the value. 100 would work nicely.

It should probably look like fire. So let's have some fun with colors. Check the mix color checkbox under the color button. Now there will be two color buttons. The one above will be what the color starts as, and the one below will be what the color ends as. I'd say make the color Red to begin with, and then Orange at the end.

jWBvHCU.png

This should work pretty well for a basic particle. But you can always add more particles in the same particle system for some more interesting synergies.

Thanks, this is exactly what is need!

jWBvHCU.png

Sorry, quick question. You say the checkbox for X and Z, is that Initial XYZ? Could I have a picture of what the particle editor should look like?

Sorry, quick question. You say the checkbox for X and Z, is that Initial XYZ? Could I have a picture of what the particle editor should look like?

It is intial XYZ. And here:

9uNTZIL.png

Or you know.. just use the actual built-in fire particles in minecraft. ._.

you know.. these.

-snip-

I was planning to do that, but to get the same effect that would involve more advanced things, and I don't want to actually do that for a guy who's new here.