Strider Impale Test

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

It's good, but at the same time it looks a bit wrong.  The leg starts as if it is coming straight down, rather than describing the arc in the latter section of the movement, this might be more to do with camera angle, it's hard to tell.  The angle of impact, and the resulting impalement seem forced somehow, as if the leg isn't really connecting.  It then looks like the body moves around a bit once it is impaled, instead of having a new rotation point around the foot part.  Lastly, I would expect the body to fly off backwards with that movement.  A slower, arced change of direction before the flick would help with that.

Should the knee joint be able to bend up like that in the final section?  I don't know strider anatomy.  You also have the other feet slipping in to the ground a bit in the first frames, maybe some sympathetic knee flexes of the idle legs could compensate?

It's good, but at the same time it looks a bit wrong.  The leg starts as if it is coming straight down, rather than describing the arc in the latter section of the movement, this might be more to do with camera angle, it's hard to tell.  The angle of impact, and the resulting impalement seem forced somehow, as if the leg isn't really connecting.  It then looks like the body moves around a bit once it is impaled, instead of having a new rotation point around the foot part.  Lastly, I would expect the body to fly off backwards with that movement.  A slower, arced change of direction before the flick would help with that.

Should the knee joint be able to bend up like that in the final section?  I don't know strider anatomy.  You also have the other feet slipping in to the ground a bit in the first frames, maybe some sympathetic knee flexes of the idle legs could compensate?

Looking at the concept art he's basing his rig off, no. It shouldn't. The legs bend inward.

latest?cb=20091007111031&path-prefix=en

Edited by Mineupfast