Timing audio with footage

SpikeyTaco
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hey guys,

I've been having trouble timing music and pre-recorded speech to my animation, I can never get the facial rig to time perfectly or just simple head bobbing when wearing helmets. All I'm currently doing is attempting to play the audio while watching the animation back which so far has proven useless. What I'm asking is what techniques do you guys use when trying to time pre-recorded audio with your animation? e.g: Trying to play the audio at the same time while watching footage back, Saying the speech while animating etc.

I'll be glad for any help, Please leave a response as soon as possible. Thanks,

-SpikeyTaco

Edited by SpikeyTaco

8 answers to this question

Latest version of Windows Movie Maker Is Like A MINIMUM if you want EXACT audio

You've misunderstood my point, I have editing software and the audio prepared. It's the animation stage I am having problems with. While animating I can never time the animation to the speech or music correctly. What I was asking was during animating what techniques do you use when timing your animation to the audio.

It's not during the editing of the audio, I have adobe after effects for that. I am creating an animation based on a video and while animating I can never time the animation correctly.

what I do when timing animation is set the tempo to 100 so that if I wanted something to happen at exactly 5.23 seconds I just go to frame 523 and so on

what I do when timing animation is set the tempo to 100 so that if I wanted something to happen at exactly 5.23 seconds I just go to frame 523 and so on

Now that's an Idea! I'll get to it right away, I may have to edit the beginning so It'll be in time but it'll save more time than trial and error. Thanks for your help!

But if anyone else has any ideas please post them too. :D

EDIT:

I will have to re-create what I've done so far but it'll probably save more time, Still annoying though...

Edited by SpikeyTaco

I've been practising with this so far and it's working great, Takes a while and still includes a lot of trial and error but it ends with better results. Thanks, I suggest you post this in the tips and hints section as this is the first time I've heard of it and it works great!

Thanks again, 

-SpikeyTaco