Help Needed...Inspiration

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I have recently gotten back my motivation to make video and not just mine-imation but in all aspects of video But :steve_tearful: I've been crushed by writer's block... I need ideas and or inspiration, will anyone please help me all I'm asking for is some input on what I should do next.

Edited by RevoKid

20 answers to this question

Make some kind of story like lotr or just have it start out as a simple quest.(and than turn into something much more epic later on) Perhaps the main character should be seeking an iron sword at the start. Just some ideas...

Thanks for the input man I did have an heir of herobrine idea back when I first started I just didn't know how execute it exactly

Have a player fight animation thing

Hmm I could make an epic battle of all the forum members that are willing to contribute

I try to do that, doesn't always work

It worked this time man

Thanks for the input man I did have an heir of herobrine idea back when I first started I just didn't know how execute it exactly

Hmm I could make an epic battle of all the forum members that are willing to contribute

It worked this time man

You got me in

Little late, but this might help on how to get past Creative Block (Like writer's block, but for everything else)

1. Quit. Sometimes, the best thing you can do is give up.
  2. Leave your desk. Get away for awhile and do something wild like draw with crayons or play with LEGOS.
  3. Assess yourself wholly, not just the creative part. Don’t just treat the symptoms; address the root problem of what’s blocking you.
  4. Stop avoiding. Pull up a chair and listen to what the Block has to say. Have a conversation with it. Don’t reason with it, but hear it out. Listen and learn from it. And then move on.
  5. Face your fears, whatever they may be. Whatever it is you’re afraid of, do that thing. Even if it has nothing to do with creativity.
  6. Do something completely unrelated to your discipline. If you’re a writer, paint. If a photographer, draw. You get the idea.
  7. Move around. Kinesthetic learning has been proven to work.
  8. Laugh out loud. No, I don’t mean writing that meaningless phrase “LOL” on your computer screen. I mean to literally laugh. Loudly. Really cool stuff happens to you physiologically and mentally when you do this. In particular, it relieves stress.
  9. Go for a photo walk. Just take pictures of random things and look at what you find afterwards.
  10. Watch The Matrix. It’s chock full of symbolism. Plus, I just love that movie. Remember: there is no spoon.
  11. Go on a diet. Often, one kind of discipline begets another kind. Plus, all those trips to the fridge or lounge can add up.
  12. Fast from technology for a day. That’s right. Get off the dang Internet.
  13. Dance in front of a mirror. (Why? Um, because it’s weird… and it gets your blood flowing… and it’ll probably cause you to do #8 uncontrollably.)

Hope that helps in the future.

[Citation]

Little late, but this might help on how to get past Creative Block (Like writer's block, but for everything else)

1. Quit. Sometimes, the best thing you can do is give up.
  2. Leave your desk. Get away for awhile and do something wild like draw with crayons or play with LEGOS.
  3. Assess yourself wholly, not just the creative part. Don’t just treat the symptoms; address the root problem of what’s blocking you.
  4. Stop avoiding. Pull up a chair and listen to what the Block has to say. Have a conversation with it. Don’t reason with it, but hear it out. Listen and learn from it. And then move on.
  5. Face your fears, whatever they may be. Whatever it is you’re afraid of, do that thing. Even if it has nothing to do with creativity.
  6. Do something completely unrelated to your discipline. If you’re a writer, paint. If a photographer, draw. You get the idea.
  7. Move around. Kinesthetic learning has been proven to work.
  8. Laugh out loud. No, I don’t mean writing that meaningless phrase “LOL” on your computer screen. I mean to literally laugh. Loudly. Really cool stuff happens to you physiologically and mentally when you do this. In particular, it relieves stress.
  9. Go for a photo walk. Just take pictures of random things and look at what you find afterwards.
  10. Watch The Matrix. It’s chock full of symbolism. Plus, I just love that movie. Remember: there is no spoon.
  11. Go on a diet. Often, one kind of discipline begets another kind. Plus, all those trips to the fridge or lounge can add up.
  12. Fast from technology for a day. That’s right. Get off the dang Internet.
  13. Dance in front of a mirror. (Why? Um, because it’s weird… and it gets your blood flowing… and it’ll probably cause you to do #8 uncontrollably.)

Hope that helps in the future.

[Citation]

Dude so very helpful man

Make remakes of smosh but minecraft versions,

Ehh I like Smosh but I don't think that'd be such a fun project but thanks for the idea

Here's something I would do if I was out of ideas. Make a movie or game trailer in Minecraft.

Great Idea 4zZane you're always a big help

You can use my skin if you're making the forum members battle thing :D

Thanks Xannos will do and I'll be sure to credit you

Be inspired. Your welcome.

No much of a help but thanks for the input

No much of a help but thanks for the input

Of course it helped, you will see in time... and you will crack the code, uncover the crypt... and save the universe.... Wut?

Of course it helped, you will see in time... and you will crack the code, uncover the crypt... and save the universe.... Wut?

Oh snap, There's your idea right there. A dramatic "Save the universe" sorta deal. You can use my skin if you want btw :D

Oh snap, There's your idea right there. A dramatic "Save the universe" sorta deal. You can use my skin if you want btw :D

See now if you weren't so cryptic old sport I would have had this idea hours ago and thanks will do

Edited by RevoKid

Inspiration can come from anywhere! Just think, and let your creative juices go wild! Personally I suffered writers block whenever I was getting somewhere in something.

Here are some places where you can get inspiration from:

1. Television shows and movies!

2. Video games and books.

3. The internet

4. Lego!

Just do whatever, an idea will come, I promise you!