Cloak Disappearing/Reappearing

Hesmiyu
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Heyy guys, while previewing this part of my animation, while this sphere is expanding, the cloak disappears until the camera is within the sphere, any ideas on how to stop it?

15 answers to this question

The sphere's alpha is at 9%, but cloak keyframes hadn't been changed since start of animation, the cape rig behind cloak isn't affected. Both the cloak and cape rig are attached to same body part

Edited by Hesmiyu

As we discussed in PM, it is a bug and I have spoke to David and hopefully it may be fixed, the issue:

David:

basically, something with lower alpha must be drawn after something with higher alpha, or the higher alpha thing will disappear

For now I can only think you make the sphere 0% alpha until after it has passed the camera, or there is none that goes past the camera. 

Can't really do that as it's a magic 'shield' which is expanding from within the character. I could let the disappearing/reappearing part stay in, making it a little quirky spot :P

Can't really do that as it's a magic 'shield' which is expanding from within the character. I could let the disappearing/reappearing part stay in, making it a little quirky spot :P

So i know Im late on this but you could use camera angles so you cant see the cloak dissapear

Happened to me a lot. It's a transparency issue. If I move a character's torso transparency to say... 50%, then all 'faces' of arms and legs that are touching the torso will glitch out and go invisible, and the arms will look flat in a ways. It can be fixed easily, look at Ayhay's post up there, tells a pretty simple explanation to it.

Happened to me a lot. It's a transparency issue. If I move a character's torso transparency to say... 50%, then all 'faces' of arms and legs that are touching the torso will glitch out and go invisible, and the arms will look flat in a ways. It can be fixed easily, look at Ayhay's post up there, tells a pretty simple explanation to it.

The animation which is was concerned with has long since been completed and uploaded, but it was just the cloak rig that was having the trouble, not the cape ring attached to same body part