US Marine Action (1st Attempt)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello Everyone,

Saw this nifty program the other day and decided to download it and give it a try.  So far i love it.  Here is what i managed to come up with since Friday.  Any feedback and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Things to do:

-Add shading

-Better Textures

-Tighten up Animations

-Better Sounds

-Facial Rigs

-Possibly Finger Rigs

-Bullet Animations

-Smoke/Debri Animations

-Add RPG Animation (Its missing from video, but sound there)

-Better Taliban Skins

-Better Music

Edited by Dhark0311

Very Impressed with this being your first animation. I see some good advanced techniques. One suggestion I would have is to work with the instant transition on the camera key frames on some of the camera movements. Instead of a sharp turn around that kind of throws you out of your shoes you can use the instant for a quick flash from the other POV's. 

Thank you for the feed back! I still have quite a ways to go with getting the camera movements smoother and less spin on them and slow it down some between angles. I will be fine tuning that and playing with that more till I get it right. The guns are from advanced gun texture pack and the muzzle flash animations are from the pack as well. I just took two of the flash textures and rotated them and put them together with the parent feature attached to the rifle. Pretty nifty considering that all I got to do is turn them on and off between frames for firing. I will look for the link to the texture pack when I get home from work and post it for you. I do think it needs sped up some and more life like speeds except for 1 or 2 key parts. That is also on my to do list to fine tune it. Ultimately I'm trying to get the animation to 10 mins with normal speed. Thank you again all for feedback. I will tinker with it and post another version for some feedback and critic so I can improve it.

So ive been playing with some diffrent textures and i finally settled on this one. Also managed to get a rough outline of my animation "set" put together.  Now the tedious task of adding details like, wood, trash, debri, roads, and some extra detail here and there.  Having issues with coming up with a type of path or roadway idea.  Im trying to break up the sand everywhere look and distinguish well used roads without clashing too much. Any suggestions?