Imported Worlds Not Showing 2.0.0

Question

Greetings, since I updated Mineimator to 2.0.0, any world I import simply does not show up. I'm shown emptiness when a map should be present. And since the old version isn't up to date with using newer assets, I'm forced to update the program but I'm again stuck at another dilemma.

It would be nice to get back to animating as soon as possible, perhaps I'm just not doing something correctly?

10 answers to this question

I believe Mine Imator has not updated to 1.20 Minecraft, meaning anything made in 1.20 will not generate. Maps made in 1.19 or below will. Any 1.20 block, (such as cherry wood) placed in a 1.19 or below world will not generate at all. The only way 1.20 worlds can generate is when Mine Imator updates to 1.20. I do have this problem, and was gonna make an animation, but due to the fact that the world was made in 1.20, I'll have to hold on that.

Just to know, how do you import your world ?

You use "Import from world" or "Browse", and also, do you use it from the "File" or from the "Scenery" in the workbench ?

I use "Import from world" in the "Scenery" tab and it's visible.

If it still doesn't work, you can try to delete and reinstall MI 2.0.0, it may be because of bad installation, it happens sometimes.

On 7/1/2023 at 8:30 PM, vinnyg0621 said:

I have the same problem. when I reloaded my map that was updated to 1.20 it didn't show either

I don't remember MI 2.0.0 being able to load 1.20 maps. The last version doesn't "understand" the new version of Minecraft.

On 7/1/2023 at 7:23 AM, Aisu Uchibi said:

Just to know, how do you import your world ?

You use "Import from world" or "Browse", and also, do you use it from the "File" or from the "Scenery" in the workbench ?

I use "Import from world" in the "Scenery" tab and it's visible.

If it still doesn't work, you can try to delete and reinstall MI 2.0.0, it may be because of bad installation, it happens sometimes.

I think I tried importing from File, it just shows up blank. I'll have to take a look at scenery and give that a try, thanks.

On 7/5/2023 at 8:45 AM, FieryPiglinRiggin said:

I believe Mine Imator has not updated to 1.20 Minecraft, meaning anything made in 1.20 will not generate. Maps made in 1.19 or below will. Any 1.20 block, (such as cherry wood) placed in a 1.19 or below world will not generate at all. The only way 1.20 worlds can generate is when Mine Imator updates to 1.20. I do have this problem, and was gonna make an animation, but due to the fact that the world was made in 1.20, I'll have to hold on that.

Yeah it's disappointing, but doesn't mean we can't make great content in the meantime while we wait for an update.

On 7/14/2023 at 9:30 PM, Guts N Pixels said:

I think I tried importing from File, it just shows up blank. I'll have to take a look at scenery and give that a try, thanks.

Yeah it's disappointing, but doesn't mean we can't make great content in the meantime while we wait for an update.

weird thing is, when I go to a 1.19 world, on 1.20 and build something there, when I load it up on mine imator, the whole world glitches, and only a single strip of land around it is seen, and only left or right. They were flat worlds, so those strips contained bits of villages. How ever my wild west saloon, and the pillager outpost near it have been consumed by the void. It's almost like mine imator just doesn't wanna load it at all costs.

New problem, Every older world I load up, is completely eradicated when imported to mine imator, so every world loaded up that was untouched since the last update would automatically update, meaning that mine imator will no longer recognize the world and our emptiness will show up. Meaning that we CANNOT DO ANYTHING TO OUR WORLDS. If we even load it up, gone. Meaning that there is no possible way to add modifications or even touch the world without losing our ability to generate these worlds. This all means that the devs HAVE TO UPDATE MINE IMATOR. Yes, we can make tests of animations, but for us to make the big step, we would need to force the devs to update to atleast 1.20, but still, when 1.21 comes out, the whole cycle resets. We are at the tipping point. If the devs don't update, it will be the almost end of our animations. We have to do something.

Spoiler

Edited by FieryPiglinRiggin