Luger P08

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

In the turn of the 20th century, a craze for automatic pistols rose dramatically, with many semi-automatic designs being invented for many people, companies, and militaries intending to move on from the old, yet robust concept of revolvers.

Georg Luger invented his own patent at the time, which would see many revisions for several countries during the next decade. Although it is an incredibly iconic pistol, having been seen by many countries entering the automatic era of firearms, it was not a relatively versatile pistol compared to its contemporaries, as its incredibly complicated design was prone to failure in extreme environments, difficult to calibrate for other calibers, and made manufacturing difficult and expensive.

Spoiler

I3ATzoY.png

FkRVavu.png

9fBHEmI.png

wPhVLms.png

Its most iconic variant was the Pistole 1908, manufactured in Germany throughout both world wars. It was chambered in 9mm Parabellum, and was in standard issue for the German military during the entire duration of the first world war, where it was most common. Although it also saw partial use during the second world war, it was already replaced by the P38, a much simpler and easily usable pistol.

The P08 was not the first Luger patent Germany saw, as its navy already had the P04, a previous iteration that it had ordered, but the P08 would be the most common in Germany and across the world. It also had a longer variant, the Lange-Pistole 1908, which was typically coupled with its own attachable buttstock (also doubling as a holster).

Its combat effectiveness is a major source of debate. Although it performed well in clean conditions, it was incredibly easy to get it dirty, and in severe conditions, it can fail the user and jam very easily, making it subject to controversy surrounding jams and failures.

In extreme environments, such as the humid, muddy trenches of the western front during WW1, or the cold, freezing temperatures of the eastern front in either world war, the Luger would often jam excessively, sometimes rendering it nearly unusable. Other pistols however, such as the C96 and even the P38 during WW2, would perform better in these environments (although revolvers, such as the Reichsrevolver that was used in Germany before all, would perform well universally in nearly any environment due to revolvers being far more robust than automatic pistols).

Regardless, it became a highly coveted pistol, being searched for the most by many firearm collectors.

Download may be found here: Click Here!

While modelling this, I searched around for other Mine-Imator models trying to see what other people have made and to gather inspiration for how to go about modelling this. Instead, I have found that I may have created the best Luger model to date, and will claim as such until someone proves otherwise (please do, I wanna see a better example of this pistol)