Mineimator does not import the selected blocks from a world

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I want to import a selection of blocks in a world file. I select it in the built in editor within Mineimator ("Import scenery from an existing Minecraft world").

A prompt shows up asking:

"A resource with this filename has already been added into the project. Do you want to replace it with the selected file?"

I click "No" because I don't want my existing world replaced with this selection.

I go to the bottom of the timeline and I find a piece of world that does not correspond to what I selected. It's a piece of Scenery that I already imported, not what I selected.

This is clearly bugged.

I tried using Amulet Editor but since Mineimator does not recognize .construction files you are stuck with .schematic files only which ignore any blocks added after 1.12

Please fix this, and also allow .construction files because using Amulet Editor for this is better than the built in editor.

On 10/16/2022 at 6:29 AM, elektropunch said:

You need to rename the scenery piece in the timeline. After that you can import a new scenery from that world without being bothered by that prompt

Doesn't work. What's on the timeline doesn't matter, it's what's named under "Resources", and you cannot rename there. It just loads "world X" where X is a number, not sure based on what. I have no control over what name it's given to the piece of Scenary im imported, sometimes it replaces World 2, others World 3. I want to replace World 3, to overwrite modifications on the scenary, and it's loading it as World 2, so it replaces World 2. At least give us a way to select a name so we know what's going to be replaced. Right now the way I have to do it is by using a third party software to edit the level name.

Edited by moniker

Something else i've also noticed is that sometimes when you import the exact same thing it wouldn't prompt the "A resource with this filename has already been added into the project. Do you want to replace it with the selected file?" message and it just loads it with a number behind it, notice the world 3 has world 3 2 and world 3 3:

mine-world.png

It's just so inconsistent, you never know how it will deal with the stuff you import. I want to overwrite it, but since it doesn't ask for it, I have to import the scenary, and now move everything parented on world 3 to world 3 2 only because I modified some blocks on it (and world 3 2 and world 3 3 are the exactly the same, I did this to test if it would prompt to overwrite since it's exactly the same world, but it didn't so it added a world 3 3)

On 10/20/2022 at 7:22 AM, elektropunch said:

What version are you using? Because I'm using MI Pre-release 2.0 4 and it works just fine

Same version.

Edited by moniker