Copying keyframes from one object and pasting into another only works for default characters

Staff Note
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

If you have a default Steve model you can do it, but as soon as you start adding stuff (parented objects) it stops working. Even if you have 2 identical rigs, you can't copy keyframes from one instance put them into the other, it pastes it into the same one you copied from. Same for exporting and importing keyframes. For some reason the program can't copy-paste more than one object line at once. This makes rigs pretty much useless unless you never use movement cycles.

Edited by moniker

19 minutes ago, LacaMenDRY said:

If this more Like a Tips Type,Then Bugs Report?

Well, one would expect that copied keyframes are pasted accordingly, so I wasn't sure if putting it on bugs/issues or suggestions. Im not suggesting a feature, it's just a basic feature (copy/pasting of keyframes) that already exists but doesn't fully work. Technically an issue with an existing feature as it stands.

Edited by moniker

Owh I Understand. You want this Feature Became better right? Like Copying A Keyframe to an Edited/Customized Character. Well It so hard to Do. Because Copying Keyframe only Reads A Script That include Hand,Body,Head,Leg,Arms,etc. Altough it is the same name,But the Origin of the model is From Cube for example,Then That A.I Can we say it,Will Confuse/Will Read the Origins Name,Not the Overlayed Name. I guess Am I Right?