Schematics issues

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Heya :). I was searching through youtube and found about Mine-imator. I have been wanting to do Minecraft animations for so long, I  was thinking this may be fun. I was going through some tutorial videos, and they brought up the schematics, where you can build something in Minecraft then import it into the animation. I'm not sure if this is true, because I only found out now that I'm confused. I don't understand what I should do. Also, I can't open any files ending with .schematic. Could someone help me? Thank you guys so much! I use a Windows 8 if this helps at all.

7 answers to this question

.schematics can be imported when you Add Scenery as it'll allow you to search for exported schematics either:

A. Exported via MCedit

B. Exported via the World Importer Program/tool built inside of Mineimator and was saved.

C. You can choose something new to import via ^

D. Some other way I know not of.

Search up Skiedude on YouTube. He's a mod of this community and someone who does tutorials on Mineimator.

In the library, click the "Add" button and select scenery, then scroll down to Shematic and click "...", there you'll get an option to import a world piece from a MC world or from a .schematic file.

Beat me to it :Z

In the library, click the "Add" button and select scenery, then scroll down to Shematic and click "...", there you'll get an option to import a world piece from a MC world or from a .schematic file.

But how Do I add the MC world to there?

Edited by Fluff_Nut

I got the download from where it says 'Get Min-imator!' earlier today. o.O

Seemingly I don't have 0.7, I have 0.6.2, and I just downloaded it today. I checked on the home page and this is what it says:

Wait 5 seconds, then click the "Skip" button in the top-right.
I do not account for any of the contents or media on the loading page.

Current version: Beta 0.6.2, released 2013.0 1.20

Nevermind, I found the update on the forums :P Thanks for the help!

Edited by Fluff_Nut